About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Our past is full of iconic moments butour future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'llhelp make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you'reone of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks andlove to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Gap Inc. Product Management Team is looking for a Product Manager to joinour Payment Product team to drive product vision, strategy development andexecution of the Payment experience and capabilities on our InternationalPoint-of-Sale out of our San Francisco headquarters. Werelooking for someone who is curious, innovative and driven to join the team thatis on the leading edge of the transformation of retail in an omni-channelworld.
The Product Manager will work with the business stakeholders as well as storeassociates to identify problems to be solved, quantify the value in solvingthem, and determine how those problems can be solved via technology. They willconsult with domain architects, User Experience, store operations teams, andother Product Managers and then partner with software engineering teams todeliver technology solutions which continuously improve the shoppingexperiences for our external customers while also providing enhanced capabilitiesfor internal business partners.
Were seeking a technical problem solver with a track record of productinnovation, leading complex projects independently and prioritizing features,bug fixes and technical debt to ensure the health and stability of our ProductDatabase Platform.
What you get to do in this job:
What you'll do
- Evaluate emerging payment technologies and solutions
- Partner with technology or businessstakeholders to set and track business goals for strategic initiatives
- Prioritize a clear and objective road-map and agile backlog while balancingdelivery requirements with technical trade-offs and the impact of tech debt
- Proactively identify and resolve theinevitable challenges that arise during project execution
- Identify new opportunities and develop business cases for future projects
- Highlight progress through regular updates and product reviews
- Drive certainty when presented with ambiguity
- Support change management efforts forproduct solutions and convey key messages to customers and stakeholders
Who you are
- BS/BA required, MBA a plus
- 4+ years experience in product management -related roles and activities; musthave owned the creation or modification of key technology capabilities /product areas
- Demonstrated technical acumen; ability to influence and debate solutions withtechnical team members, to understand technology solutions and potentialtradeoffs and to represent technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Data-driven mindset
- Enjoyment of understanding complex logic and process of interconnected dataflows throughout business work-stream
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs