About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
Based in our San Francisco, CA corporate office, the Manager for Windows & In-store Print Production reports to the Sr. Manager of Marketing Production. In this role, the Print Production Manager will manage marketing production needs for in-store, windows and direct mail including: sourcing vendors to find the highest quality items at the lowest cost, reviewing competitive bids, generating estimates, managing project costs, proofing and quality of printed materials, as well as controlling production timelines and distribution.
What you'll do
- Understand industry standard production methods, materials, and printing techniques to provide expert recommendations to business partners.
- Write and maintain up-to-date print specifications and store distributions for all projects.
- Manage print proofing process to ensure that quality standards are met, reviewing and approving material samples, digital proofs, and physical or pre-production proofs.
- Manage retouching and color correction as needed to meet the brand’s quality standards.
- Work with Brand and Project Managers to understand project needs, budgets, and timelines.
- Develop and communicate estimates clearly to project owners for budget approval.
- Manage production timelines to meet required deadlines, regularly providing status to project owners, business partners, and creative team.
- Manage inventory of printed materials with 3rd party suppliers.
- Identify and develop efficiencies within project both internally and externally.
- Manage and attend press checks for quality assurance for colors and substrates.
- Ensuring brand standards are implemented and consistent across multiple print platforms.
- Code and review vendor invoices and issue POs thru internal financial tools in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate files for marketing production projects estimates, POs and distribution.
- Accurately maintain and manage project budget tracker up-to-date forecast and invoices.
- Promote strong relationships between, Creative, Marketing. and Visual Design.
- Work with Creative team to encourage innovative solutions and creative ideas.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Print Technology, Graphic Design, Business, Marketing, or related field.
- 5+ years print production experience in areas such as windows, in-store signage and direct mail (off-set, screen-print, web and digital printing).
- Experience working with vendors in a retail environment (fashion retail industry is preferred).
- Experience with a retail consumer brand (fashion retail industry is preferred).
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to set and achieve goals, meet deadlines, and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for fostering and maintaining business relationships.
- Detail-orientated problem solver.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% - 30%.
- Experience with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop is preferred.
- Experience with project management software is preferred (Ideally Workfront and Cross-Cap but not a must).
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs