About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
A member of Old Navy’s Marketing team, the Associate Manager of Media & Digital Marketing is responsible for helping to drive Old Navy’s media strategy and execution. He/she incorporates hindsighting, consumer media behavior trends, competitive analysis, commercial plan, business and customer needs to deliver strong marketing results that drive the Old Navy business.
What you'll do
- Partner with Director, internal Gap central digital marketing teams, and Agencies in development of annual and seasonal media strategy (including TV, Radio, and Digital including search, affiliates, branded display ads, and social media platforms) and implementation to deliver against e-commerce and retail business objectives
- Includes test and learn roadmap to optimize media mix on ongoing basis
- Includes analysis of consumer media consumption data and performance of different vehicles/media properties for our target customer
- Includes reviewing and working with Business Analytics and Finance in the modeling and measurement of the business return of media activity
- Manage all aspects of the media plan execution, spec development and implementation, traffic instructions, and billing reconciliation
- Work closely with Director, Media & Digital Marketing to innovate our media mix and develop on-brand opportunities to reach key customer segments in unique ways
- Evaluate post-buy analyses to ensure delivery of all media buys and to use as leverage for future negotiations
- Assist Director, Media & Digital Marketing in the management of media budgets seasonally and annually, including monthly forecasting
- In collaboration with Marketing Strategy, be an expert on the Old Navy competitive environment and make recommendations to ensure a competitive go to market media strategy
- Work with media business partners across Gap Inc.’s other brands identify opportunities to apply other brands’ learning to Old Navy
Who you are
- Excellent annual and seasonal digital marketing strategy and marketing communications development and execution experience and skills with proven track record of driving strong business results
- Digital media planning experience
- Must be passionate and naturally curious about customers and media
- Must stay on trend and in the know about the latest digital marketing strategies and capabilities to drive greater awareness, traffic and conversion
- Experience in partnering effectively with digital marketing strategy and creative teams
- Hungry to dig into data and has the ability to extract relevant and actionable insights. Omniture experience a plus.
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong critical thinking skills and extensive experience with quantitative analysis
- Extremely flexible, detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated
- Experience with and passion for creative development and effectively briefing in and working with creative teams
- Strong verbal, written communications and presentation skills
- Comfortable with operating in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity
- Flexibility to manage competing priorities and shift focus as determined by changing needs of the business
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Internet programs
- Knowledge of the Fashion industry, apparel / retail experience or interest a plus
- Bachelor's Degree required
- At least 2-4 years digital marketing strategy, planning and communications experience – with experience in digital marketing – with fashion/apparel, consumer brand
- Advertising agency experience preferred
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs