We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
We’re looking for a Visual Merchandiser to join the Retail Experience Team at Athleta. You will support the Sr. Visual Merchandising Manager in executing a compelling vision for the retail experience with emphasis on seasonal floor sets in the Studio. You will also work closely with many cross-functional teams, developing strong and partnerships is essential. You will assist the with the Retail Experience Design Team in the creation of the Style Guide. You’ll work closely with the Visual Associate in managing the retail studio process. The right candidate has an eye for fashion and will bring the Athleta brand to life through styling and merchandising.
What you'll do
Create compelling seasonal In-Store and Window presentations ensuring the brand is relevant in the competitive landscape and
concept styling that is aspirational, consistent and upholds Athleta brand standards
Utilize knowledge of current trends in the market place and future trends applying to styling and
Lead various leadership through store sets communicating key ideas and merchandising decisions with confidence and ease
Ensure all marketing elements are accurate and placed in store set meeting studio timelines
Collaborate with cross-functional partners in ensuring accurate seasonal assortments and on time sample availability based on studio timelines
Manage all studio sample processes including stockroom management, sample organization and set preparation, organization, lighting and a clean workspace
Assist Design Team in documenting and photographing visual sets for clear, concise communication to the field
Work closely with field visual partners to offer support and training and develop close relationships with local stores to utilize space for tests and feedback
Participate in Corporate initiative projects as needed
Who you are
- 4+ years in comparable visual merchandising and retail experience
- Computer skills (MS Office, Adobe InDesign)
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve and develop creative solutions
- Strong portfolio of relevant visual and styling work demonstrating an ability to produce consistent on brand retail experience
- Ability to work independently and with the team while handling multiple projects concurrently
- Strong attention to detail
- Some travel required
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs