About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Gap Inc.’s Global Equality & Belonging Team is responsible for advancing the organization’s global diversity and inclusion enterprise strategy and driving organizational performance through diversity. The Senior Manager will build a strong understanding of the landscape and how trends affect our business and culture so that Gap Inc. will continue to be a leader that is at the forefront of driving equality and a sense of belonging. This position will be accountable for the management of global Equality & Belonging programs and projects; including developing and driving diversity recruitment strategies, leading company wide employee engagement efforts, managing the employee network group program, and amplifying our internal and external presence. As part of the Global Equality & Belonging team, the Senior Manager will acquire an advanced understanding of diversity and inclusion concepts and will help drive all aspects of the Gap Inc. Equality & Belonging strategies.
What you'll do
- Manage external partnerships aligned to the organization’s strategic Equality & Belonging priorities, acting as a brand ambassador, information conduit, and consultant on external trends and benchmarks that inform and complement internal workforce strategies
- Oversee the company’s Equality & Belonging Network Groups, driving operational consistency, efficiency and impact. This includes leadership selection, development, succession planning, stakeholder mgmt., and internal/external engagement opportunities
- Lead the strategic planning of all cultural, heritage and recognition month events for optimum enterprise impact and employee engagement
- Connect and inspire people to drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities
- Observe, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Partner with functional communication partners to identify, assess and build communication strategies that support and strengthen our external partnerships and amplify internal/external messaging
- Partner with the Talent/Data Analytics team to develop, maintain and monitor diversity metrics, dashboards and reports that enable data-driven decision making
- Manage and lead the submission process for all diversity and inclusion surveys and external benchmark requests
- Identify the root causes of problems through an expanded, holistic view and long-term perspective
- Continually bring new and innovative thinking to the Equality & Belonging community; challenge status quo and traditional method of execution
- Work with business leaders to provide insights, resources, tools, and actions that increase the organization’s focus on driving
Who you are
- 5-7 years of diversity, relationship mgmt./public affairs, human resources, or other relevant experience (e.g., non-profit, higher education)
- Can operate in a highly dynamic, matrixed and start-up like environment (innovating/building the framework vs. maintaining) with multiple competing priorities
- Expert networking and interpersonal skills, including strong consultative and persuasive skills to work with external constituents; proven ability to manage client relationships/external partnerships
- Skilled at translating data and analytics to develop insights, tell stories, drive decisions and measure impact
- Demonstrated success motivating, leading and integrating teams through influence
- Strong track record of program and project management, driving measurable results from inception through completion, measurement and continuous improvement
- Strong financial acumen and stewardship
- Strong evidence of professional maturity (i.e. proven ability to use appropriate judgement and discernment when dealing with confidential and sensitive information)
- Understands and uses relationships to drive effective collaboration with peers and stakeholders. Can position themselves as a trusted advisor to leaders, peers, and cross-functional team players
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including ability to deliver internal and external presentations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs