Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Pricing Strategy team is responsible for setting the strategic vision and approach to pricing for the Gap brand across all channels and markets. This team provides business, market and consumer insights to support the organization in the development and implementation of effective pricing strategies.
What you'll do
- Analyze market trends, historical sales, competitive benchmarking and consumer insights to identify category pricing recommendations and opportunities
- Manage the development, execution and analysis of quantitative pricing surveys partnering closely with the Gap Inc. Consumer Insights team
- Update Pricing team quarterly reporting and distribution to key partners
- Inform and influence seasonal pricing and promotional strategies through building key relationships with cross-functional leaders including Merchandising, Inventory Management and Product Strategy teams
- Conduct ad-hoc pricing analyses to support all levels in the organization in hind-sighting, evaluating key business initiatives and white space opportunities
Who you are
- Demonstrated analytical skills with experience generating insights from large and complex data sets
- Demonstrated hypotheses-driven problem solving orientation with exceptional ability to create structured analyses from disparate sources of information
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence others and foster cross-functional relationships
- Strategic thinker with a self-starter attitude
- Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex analyses in clear and actionable ways to all levels of the organization
- Strong project management skills and the ability to drive results across simultaneous projects under tight time pressures
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- 2 to 4 years work experience required
- Excellent quantitative aptitude with experience in a non-academic environment required
- Experience in retail / consulting / inventory management industry preferred
- Experience developing and working with inventory optimization and/or forecasting approaches for the retail industry
- BA/BS in Economics, Finance, Marketing, Business or related field.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs