Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
The Inventory Strategy group designs, creates, and implements inventory and price optimization capabilities that enable Gap Specialty to manage business in a localized manner throughout the product lifecycle. Projects are designed to create sustainable competitive advantages that generate significant financial return and enhance the customer experience.
The Analyst of Analytics & Tools is primarily responsible for the creation of Brand Reporting, Tool making, and participate in the budgetin process. He/she will own and manage small projects or parts of larger initiatives, including identification of key issues, work planning, analysis, development of conclusions, and presentation of findings.
Analyst, Brand Analytics oversees one or more Markets with the below responsibilities:
- Partnering with IM teams to lead on monthly forecasting, receipt management and tracking of OTB
- Drive both Global and Regional analysis to develop product and inventory strategies
- Identify regional/channel specific needs and/or business trends
- Partners with Global Merchants on Brand level attributes and manages creation of attribute reporting and analytics
- Manages reporting on AUC and IMU deliverables
- Support Analytics & Tools Director and Global Planning Divisional Senior Directors in providing deep analytics to support business decisions
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives that support overall company and brand objectives.
- Play an active role (point person/expert) in all the new and ongoing development and maintenance of Gap Global reporting, tools, and analytics.
- Assist in Preseason Buying process with the following: Buy Planning Rollup Reporting for the Brand to understand different slices of the business, help with Reporting around the creation of the budget
- In-Season: assist in Monday Reporting weekly for the Brand that gets rolled out to the Organization
- Monthly Forecasting: Create Monthly Reports for the Organization to understand their forecasts, understand positioning of the forecast by IM team and how it effects financial goals, and Receipt Reconciliation tools & reporting process monthly
- Partner with Brand Analytics team members with Adhoc tool making & reporting upon request with Executive level
Who you are
Minimum 0 to 2 years inventory management and/or analytics experience
Four year college degree or equivalent required
Courses in Business, Economics, Business Statistics, and Excel Modeling
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs