About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to build next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. From distributed computing, to artificial intelligence, mobile, big data and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new technical and leadership skills.
The Senior Technical Manager of Promotion manages software development, implementation and support efforts in Gap Inc.’s Marketing and Promotions functions. This collection of applications and infrastructure spans Customer Experience functions to form a cohesive platform with scalable set of services for pricing capabilities that enable Gap Inc. to manage business and maximize profitability throughout the product lifecycle.
As a member of the Product Engineering group, you possess deep technical knowledge, years of software development experience, proven leadership skills and ability to forge strong working relationships that cross organizational lines to aid us in our DevOps transition.
What you'll do
- Accountable for ensuring product/project delivery excellence in the Logical Inventory domain of Customer Experience and Global Supply Chain.
- Manage multiple product teams to build and operate the products and commerce APIs in the cloud.
- Provides leadership and direction for DevOps product team members.
- Work closely with Product Managers to define strategies for product capabilities, business applications and processes in GapTech.
- Work with business and IT leadership throughout the strategic planning process and the prioritization of support and tactical issues. Participate in the process to prioritize and scope future product capabilities and initiatives.
- Hire bright talent and plans resource needs and allocations to support products, initiatives, and support.
- Ensures service levels are understood and met.
- Proactively engages other leaders in cross-functional efforts. Openly share plans and strives to prevent surprises for other organizations.
- Foster open communication within and between teams. Communicate effectively with IT management. Keep IT leaders apprised of any issues or concerns. Take a 'no surprises' approach to communication within the department and with the business.
- Set uncompromisingly high standards of performance for self and subordinates.
- Act as a change agent, initiating appropriate changes to support business growth, reduce operational costs, and/or improve service levels.
- Ensure effective communications-up, down and across the business.
Who you are
- 5-7 years of experience leading teams, with demonstrated ability in providing managerial leadership to a product-based, team-centric DevOps organization.
- Solid commercial software engineering skills for API development in Cloud, Java/J2EE commerce platform and CI/CD frameworks.
- Comfortable working with senior management, technical leaders, quality assurance engineers and software developers. Ability to interact with business executives in business terms.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate and empower others.
- Full lifecycle development experience on large projects, creating distributed and scalable Retail systems. Strong knowledge of cloud technologies, industry standards and techniques in development and testing.
- Familiarity with a variety of SDLC methodologies (i.e. RUP, XP, Scrum, Lean, etc.)
- Proven record of process analysis and continuous improvement.
- Experience with object-oriented and service-oriented systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence technical discussions and decisions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of online apparel retailing business processes a big plus.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs