We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
At Athleta, we're inspired by all the women athletes who continually push themselves to be their best. That's why we design the ultimate performance apparel for everyone from the weekend warrior to the committed yogini to the fiercely driven competitive athlete.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do. Like community. Participation. Empowering others. Working as a team. Never forgetting that work isn't work without a little play - And, of course, being a part of something bigger.
We are looking for people who believe in the Power of She.
The Digital Marketing Manager plays a key role on Athleta’s digital and social media marketing teams, and is primarily responsible for seamlessly coordinating and executing tasks associated with digital media, paid social ads, and direct response channels. This person will be delivering strategic, targeted & innovative messaging to a strongly engaged current customer base and driving new customer acquisition. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Digital.
This role requires someone with:
• Excellent organizational skills who can multi-task and coordinate multiple projects without losing focus or missing a beat.
• A creative and analytical mindset that’s always churning with actionable ideas that help drive revenue and return on ad spend (ROAS), improve workflow, enhance our paid social presence and achieve our new customer acquisition goals
• A constant finger on the pulse of digital and social landscape to discover what’s new, what competitors are doing, and what innovations are around the corner.
• Work closely with Sr. Manager of Digital, Sr. Manager of Social as well as Gap central digital team to develop strategy, timeline, and creative briefs for social and digital seasonal ad development and execution across Display, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google, and others
• Partner effectively with brand marketing, Gap central digital team, web merchandising and media agency to ensure support of the business initiatives while also giving customers a compelling mix of creative messaging
• Confidently manage creative development process including inputing & coordinating copywriting, graphic design and/or imagery efforts and work closely with creative team to ensure digital and paid social ads are on brand while also driving ROAS, acquisition, and brand awareness
• Manage & analyze reporting for all digital channels & share out insights from multiple vendors & partners
• Manage & present monthly social media creative and targeting strategy to leadership
• Help to identify, and create A/B testing opportunities on social and digital, and develop creative best practices from the learnings
• Work closely with Gap central digital team and agency to develop analytic reports to showcase weekly and monthly campaign performance with recommendations for optimizations of future ad campaigns
• Ongoing analysis/projects as needed to deep dive into specific campaigns & key learnings
• Work proactively with merchandising, marketing and planning teams to identify strong product messaging to link creative messaging & product
Who you are
• Bachelor’s Degree (marketing preferred) and 3+ years of experience in digital marketing – with fashion/apparel, consumer brand
• Media planning experience, including managing media and/or social agency
• A passion for digital and social media that manifests in a drive to remain active in multiple digital & social networks and consume the latest, greatest technology, social platform or app
• Strong collaboration skills and ability to form effective partnerships across cross-functional teams – design, merchandising, marketing, creative, and agency
• Effective time and project management skills, thriving on working in a collaborative, dynamic, fast-paced work environment
• Strong critical thinking skills and extensive experience with quantitative analysis
• Ability to analyze data and extract relevant and actionable insights. Omniture experience a plus
• Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills with a marketing mindset and the ability to articulate how an idea comes to life
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and project management tools; adept at learning new tools and technologies
• Experience using a variety of popular social media– Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.