Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The US Site Senior Merchandiser sits within their divisional Buying team, responsible for driving the business through management of the website. This includes:
What you'll do
- Manage pre-season strategic & executional deliverables to prepare site for upcoming product launches.
- Manage in-season strategic & executional deliverables to drive daily sales.
- Drive continual improvement of our site analytics to assess KPIs to inform pre-season & in-season site strategies.
- Partner with production to understand technical site & tool functionality to drive efficiencies with existing tools and explore & drive new technical solutions
- Act as functional leader coordinating efforts of the site merchandisers across divisions
- Oversee 1-2 Merchandise Coordinators.
Pre-season responsibilities to include:
- Contribute robust site learnings to midsights/hindsights based on site KPIs and customer review data.
- Develop seasonal site strategy based on Buyers' product strategies and internal & competitive site learnings - to include navigation, photography, marketing, copy strategies.
- Socialize and get buy-in on seasonal site-strategy from key cross-functional partners.
- Coordinate with other divisions to deliver cohesive cross-divisional site strategies when needed.
- Partner closely with marketing & creative in the photo pipeline process - review marketing briefs, vet styles to be used in photography, gain cross-functional & leadership alignment on style out.
In-season responsibilities to include:
- Ensure flawless execution of photo planning process including regular touchpoints with marketing, weekly creative review, and execution by MCs.
- Actively participate in quarterly and weekly business reviews to understand financial deliverables and use the site as key lever to deliver those financials.
- Own site merchandising decisions and actions to amplify strong business and turn around soft business.
- Ensure that site experience is connected to marketing, promo & buying actions.
- Assist Merchandise Coordinators with site updates as needed during busy periods.
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience in ecommerce merchandising or web analytics
- Possess customer-centric mindset.
- Possess a clear understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them.
- Possess strong presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Defend and effectively sell a point of view to both peers and upper management.
- Analyze a problem skillfully, formulate a logical rationale for the decision and take action.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Be open-minded to and receptive of others' opinions.
- Possess the ability to quickly develop tool and system proficiency.
- Possess basic knowledge of production processes.
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs