About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Gap Inc.’s Real Estate Finance team provides financial support to Gap, Inc’s business units and the Executive Leadership teams. This position is a unique role in that it supports both an operating function (Store Development) as well as Finance teams within each of Gap Inc.’s Brands. The primary responsibility of this role is leading the Finance support for North America and Mexico Store Repairs & Maintenance (R&M) spend. Along with owning the budget, forecast and month end close processes, this role will also identify key opportunities, provide a strong financial and business point of view, and communicate and influence strategic business decisions.
This position reports to the Manager – Capital and Expense, Real Estate Finance.
What you'll do
- Prepare monthly forecasts and explain variances to prior forecast, budget and prior year
- Drive monthly close process, including journal entry preparation and detailed variance analysis
- Develop, prepare, and present brand level reporting to upper level management on a monthly basis, explaining variance drivers to forecast and budget
- Own monthly balance sheet account reconciliation
- Develop annual budgets with collaboration from Repair & Maintenance leadership team
- Provide monthly analysis on cost trends of Repair & Maintenance to Brand Finance teams and operational business partners
- Support business in identifying cost savings, as appropriate
- Maintain strong internal controls to ensure SOX compliance
- Evaluate current processes and tools and propose changes in order to drive efficiencies
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of financial analysis, public accounting or related business experience
- Public accounting experience and/or CPA a plus
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase/SmartView, Oracle Financials/OBIEE and Microsoft Access a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs