INTERMIX is known for curating the most exciting mix of product from luxury and emerging designers. We’re all about delighting our customers by helping them to discover trends, designers and notably special pieces.
Our unique culture blends an obsession with fashion with a powerful entrepreneurial energy. Online and in our stores — where merchandise is hand-selected — we’re devoted to one-on-one service and styling, driven by data and on-the-ground insights that – at the end of the day, help us make our customers feel effortlessly chic. If you’re bold, curious, and want to be part of an innovative approach to fashion, join us.
About the role
The General Manager leads and directs an INTERMIX flagship store location. The General Manager achieves sales results by creating a positive team environment and running a client-focused business.
What you'll do
- Inspires and motivates the flagship store team by presenting a compelling vision and direction.
- Promotes team and individual performance through consistent coaching and feedback.
- Builds effective relationships with cross-divisional and store partners.
- Leads management meetings to drive the business strategy.
- Creates and upholds a positive work environment.
- Attracts, hires, trains, and develops the flagship team.
- Trains associates on brand initiatives and standards to ensure understanding of company direction.
- Provides regular feedback, coaching and counseling on performance.
Selling & Client Service
- Identifies, creates and manages the execution of the store business plan that drives key performance indicator results and maximizes business opportunities.
- Monitors daily, weekly and monthly sales goals of all associates and ensures quality selling and customer service standards are met.
- Trains and develops all associates and ensures ongoing sales training through role-play, coaching and constructive feedback.
- Leads community involvement to drive brand awareness and loyalty.
- Builds customer loyalty through in-store experience, social media and email capture.
- Works closely with Visual Merchandising and Buying teams on product assortment.
- Trains associates and ensures complete understanding and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Knows and follows company policies and procedures, including store safety standards and compliance audit requirements; educates store team and ensures consistent compliance to policy. Addresses policy violations in a fair, timely and consistent manner.
- Trains staff to maintain selling floor, stockroom and wrap desk with proper supplies, organization and cleanliness.
- Monitors the control of payroll and controllable expenses.
- Ensures loss prevention compliance in order to minimize loss and achieve shrink goals.
- Partners with corporate office regarding maintenance and construction needs.
Who you are
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead teams to deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to assess and develop talent
- Minimum of 5 years of head of store or multi-manager experience
- Experience managing $20 million store volume
- Commission based sales experience
- Luxury or contemporary experience preferred
- Multi-brand sales experience preferred
- Passion for fashion trends and specialty retail environments
- Strong styling eye and personal taste level
- Strong business acumen and corporate exposure
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with store team, customers and all levels of corporate and field management
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Excellent time management skills
Benefits at Intermix
- A generous merchandise discount on select designers at Intermix and 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs