About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a Senior Engineering Manager, you will be a leader in establishing requirements for Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) design and construction for all Gap’s North American stores. As the technical expert representing the engineering field, you will work with a variety of internal and external partners including the real estate, estimating, architecture, engineering, equipment, controls, construction and maintenance teams. Utilizing industry standard methodology, we establish benchmarks in the design and construction process to ensure solid engineering design concepts conform to the high standards set forth by Gap Inc. while working with some of the best consultants in the retail industry.
You will partner closely with our Architectural Senior Managers and in conjunction with our procurement and constructions teams to clearly understand and manage project scope to schedule keeping the projects on a tight timeline. You will work closely with the Real Estate team to thoroughly review tenant criteria and lease language, aiming for the clarity needed to develop the construction documents with our consultants.
What you'll do
- You will be responsible for A&E consultant performance through mentoring and leading drawing quality, schedule and cost.
- Your expertise will be invaluable when commenting on project specific design development, 100% construction documents and assisting our engineering consultants on design and field scope.
- You will handle requests for information coordinating with business partners as necessary to efficiently identify and communicate the most practical solutions.
- Occasionally you will inspect construction sites to validate the MEP installation.
- Be a resource knowledge base for engineering technical and troubleshooting assistance.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the department through ongoing development and participation in efforts towards improvement.
- You will lead business partner expectations through timely and appropriate communication channels and methods.
Who you are
- Active Mechanical Professional Engineering License.
- 8 years minimum HVAC design experience in retail, commercial, or government industries.
- 5 years’ minimum field experience inspecting HVAC systems, controls, electrical and plumbing installations.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving knowledge with deep understanding of construction sequencing and building codes.
- Results oriented self-starter capable of operating with little supervision in a rapidly changing, multi-project environment.
- Confidence in communicating with all levels of management with excellent presentation, organizational, motivation, and team building skills.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs