About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Provides supervision along with creating andsustaining an environment that motivates high performance, recognizes andrewards excellence of individuals and teams, and focuses on mitigating fraudloss while ensuring an appropriate balance between risk and the customerexperience.
ESSENTIALDUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
What you'll do
- Provide supervision of a Customer Support team of 20+ employees.
- Identify/Implement process opportunities to mitigate loss, reduce expenses, increase efficiencies and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Monitor department workload and identify roadblocks that impact service goals.
- Ensure efficient use of staffing to meet business needs.
- Hire, train, motivate, coach and develop Customer Support Specialists.
- Monitor performance metrics and develop personalized employee development plans to improve productivity and ensure a high quality, low effort customer experience.
- Leverage Contact Center reports and systems to drive team results.
- Recommend and administer corrective action in accordance with HR and performance management policies and maintain timely and accurate documentation of all coaching and corrective action.
- Ensure attendance and timekeeping/payroll records are accurately completed and meet reporting deadlines.
- Manage escalated customer issues and interactions, providing thorough and expedient resolutions through direct interactions with customers as well as in assisting employees via coaching and help desk interactions.
- Identify criticaleoccurring customer service issues and present creative and innovative solutions to Leadership.
- Collaborate across sites and departments to effectively resolve issues, manage employee concerns and improve processes.
- Take proactive approach to own development and process improvement recommendations.
Who you are
Knowledge, skills &abilities:
- Demonstratedability to coach, motivate and develop employees
- Experiencewith leading remote employees and/or cross-site employees
- Mustdemonstrate strong analytical, problem solving and leadership skills
- Provenability to drive results and contribute to business objectives with proactiveapproach
- Highlyskilled in time management, prioritization of tasks and workload in a fast-pacedand rapidly changing environment
- Demonstratedability to deliver difficult messages and maintain professionalism andcomposure in all situations
- Provenability to make quality decisions time sensitive situations
- PCskills: Proficient in Microsoft Office—Excel and PowerPoint or othersoftware/database skills
Minimum educational level:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+years of supervisory experience
- 2-3years call center experience
- FinancialServices/Credit Card industry experience preferred
- Priorecommerce experience mitigating fraud activity and loss a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs