About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Strategy and Insights function at Gap Inc. is a critical part of defining our path forward. Through rigorous analyses, focus on our customers, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, we develop the strategic directions for our company.
The Strategy and Insights team reports to the Chief Customer Officer / EVP of Strategy, and provides strategic support to our CEO and Brand and Functional Leadership Team.
As a Senior Analyst, you will play a critical role in driving strategic consumer insights programs and projects to advance our portfolio and brand priorities, growth and long-range plans. You will help to influence the business regularly through updated foundational customer understanding and consumer insights to inform better decision-making around product and experience, and help to identify opportunities to differentiate through innovation.
• The team’s work is focused on Brand strategic initiatives across product, customer and in store experience
• You will be embedded into the brand to serve Insight needs nimbly and to support ongoing transformation to more customer-centric decision making in the business
• The role exposes you to a variety of areas including apparel product, digital/store/omni-shopping experience, and brand marketing
Who you are
You are part of a flexible team of insights professionals permitting you to work on a wide variety of tasks, projects, and teams such as:
• Develop surveys, moderate online, analyze, & deliver compelling findings and recommendations within Gap Inc. community
• Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis
• Analyze existing primary and secondary research to uncover fact-based insights
• Synthesize disparate information into effective strategies and innovative insights, translating complex ideas into compelling, actionable recommendations
• Manage regular cadence of reporting and analysis for the widely-used Customer Experience Tracking and Brand Health program
• Support cross-functional workstreams; able to effectively manage multiple projects
• Proactively listen to partners to find new ways to drive business value
• 3-5+ years professional experience in Marketing Research, Insights, or Strategy/Strategic Management Consulting
• A strategic & analytical mind with proven experience applying structure to answer complex questions or problems
• Strong writing, speaking, and communication skills
• Ability to synthesize information into a clear, simple story
• Experience applying foundational statistical concepts, statistical software experience strongly preferred (e.g. SPSS, SAS, JMP); SQL nice to have
• Experience programming & analyzing surveys using online survey platforms (e.g. Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey)
• Experience partnering with/ managing research vendors to execute projects (or experience working at an insights research vendor)
• Great presentation building skills
• Strong ability and willingness to collaborate effectively; works well with others and is considered a true team player
• Positive attitude, can-do-anything, creative problem-solver
• Enjoys learning from and teaching others
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.