We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
What you'll do
The Inventory Management Analyst assists in the development, execution and communication of merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing, and financial objectives of a division/department.
Collaboration and Influencing
Provide data analysis to support tops/down sales and inventory plans that align with division objectives
- Support style level, bottoms-up sales and inventory plans
- Assist in validating Commercial Plan
- Provide data analysis to support business recaps, in-season forecasting/OTB buying, and demand driven buying efforts
- Execute in-season price strategies (promo/MD)
- Own professional development in collaboration with manager
- Support/participate in a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in managing the financial success of a division/department or class by meeting sales, gross margin and inventory productivity goals
- Analyze historical data and current trends. Identify risks and opportunities by division/department or class and solicit ideas for issue resolution
- Participate in formulation of pre-season strategy with merchant and planner
- Partner with Inventory Planner in creating pre-season financial sales and inventory plans by department, classes and/or style
- Recap and review actual sales performance weekly/monthly to plan
- Partner with planner to identify risks/opportunities and develop action plans to achieve financial goals
- Participate in meetings with knowledge of prepared materials
- Communicate financial results to manager and cross-functional team on a weekly basis
- Able to build and maintain productive relationships with planning and cross-functional teams
- Provide manager and planner with timely feedback on personal developmental and training needs
- Actively participate in company sponsored planner training programs
Who you are
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates logical analysis and problem solving skills
- Possesses an ability to understand financial measurements and how to impact them
- Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Able to build and maintain productive relationships
- Technology proficiency, including the ability or aptitude to learn technical applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years analytical experience, preferably in a specialty retail environment
- Ecommerce experience strongly preferred
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs