About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we’re on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
As part of the Field organization, you make the brand come to life for our customers. Our stores are fast paced, fun, diverse and full of passionate people who love fashion. The Field offers endless opportunities to grow your career and be a leader – of your peers, of teams, of a business, and in the community.
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you!
As the Business Operations Manager, you drive profitable sales growth through operational efficiencies and talent development of your store team. In partnership with the General Manager, you are responsible for tracking business performance and diagnosing how to amplify success and address opportunities that support or detract from profitability. You are responsible for creating effective schedules through the partnership with your General Manager and Department Managers. You ensure your store is appropriately staffed through the selection, training and deployment of Brand Associates. You lead through your Brand Associates to deliver a store that is operating at maximum efficiency and productivity. You oversee the execution of company standard operating procedures, expense management and facilities management. This is a critical leadership role within the store, leading both direct and indirect reports to positively impact the store team, the overall customer experience and general store operations.
As an Old Navy leader, your first priority is to contribute to the success of your store. This means that you not only deliver in your role as the Business Operations Manager, but you also model leadership behaviors and deliver as a manager on duty. As the Manager on Duty, you deliver results during your assigned time, drive key performance indicators and brand loyalty by leading through your team. You make decisions and collaborate with other members of your store leadership team to prioritize work based on business needs and company direction.
What you'll do
- Peer Relationships
- Directing Others
- Learning Agility
- Decision Quality
- Business Acumen
- Manages and Measures Work
Note: This position description indicates the general nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions expected for the aforementioned position. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required.
Who you are
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- College degree or equivalent work experience, preferred
- 3-5 years of retail management experience, preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and employees
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, works with and around cleaning chemicals, and lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including travel) to meet the needs of the business, including evenings, overnight and weekend shifts
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.