About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
Major Responsibilities include:
What you'll do
- Effectively manage expenses and own development and communication of monthly Upper Field financial forecasts and close for both Banana Republic Specialty and Factory channels that accurately predict business performance and highlight key issues for management.
- Provide business partners with ongoing financial insight into operational efficiencies; assess and communicate spending reduction opportunities; share early identification of problem areas and relevant reporting as appropriate.
- Develop the annual budget for Upper Field that meet all FP&A requirements, are aligned with BR strategies and incorporate recommendations from key business partners.
- Develop value-add cross-divisional and cross-functional partnerships to maintain awareness of business activities and leverage knowledge and best practices.
- Provide analytical support and respond to inquiries from business partners including Store Operations and Human Resources.
- Present findings to key business partners to raise awareness of issues and influence decision-making.
- Evaluate current processes and tools to drive efficiencies and value-added enhancements.
- Serve as the finance support and liaison for upper field leaders in Banana Republic fleet
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and presentations as required to support decision making
- Identify and research monthly variances to budget and forecast at the region level, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement
- Lead the annual store-level budget process
- Develop and maintain relationships with Head of Stores and field leaders including but not limited to Regional Directors and District Managers
- Lead staff analyst in generating field reporting for fleet of North America Specialty and Factory stores
Who you are
Minimum Qualifications are:
- BA in Finance, Accounting or related field. CPA or MBA a plus
- FP&A experience including: forecasting, month-end close and budgeting
- Strong knowledge of financial and accounting concepts
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have the ability to synthesize large amounts of data into a cohesive framework
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interface with all levels of management
- Proven ability to build relationships, influence decisions and work collaboratively with functional partners
- Ability to understand broad business issues while completing detailed project work
- Passion, energy and enthusiasm to drive results with a team-oriented approach
- Passion for retail and the stores environment
- Ability to work independently and/or collaboratively with other groups, as necessary
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing and fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Oracle 11i and Hyperion Essbase experience a plus
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs