Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
This position is part of the EU online team and reports into Sr. Director/GM International Gap Online. This person will be managing tops down financial planning for EUOL, Inventory Strategy, as well as operations/logistics of online fulfillment in partnership with DC. The responsibility includes the creation and execution of pre-season financial plans and in-season financial management to drive EUOL sales and earnings growth, managing accurate inventory level by division in partnerships with Buying Directors, as well as partnering with distribution center and operations to coordinate smooth fulfillment plan during peak. This position has high visibility to leadership teams (including those in NY and London), and requires strong presentation skill and ability to command attention.
What you'll do
- Partner with GM to build annual budget based on target metrics and historical data
- Provide a thorough monthly forecast with analysis to support your position on how to attain target
- Present financial results and forecasts to leadership and cross functional team on a weekly basis. Present monthly forecast to senior leadership teams in SF and NY
- Create and manage forecast by day, week, month and quarter
- Send out daily business recap in a timely fashion to greater team to keep everyone updated on business performance
- Call out any risk or opportunity based on current performance you see in the business and work with marketing team to make changes to future promo/events
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure the right promotions are in place to achieve sales and margin expectations of a dynamic and growing business
- Quantify risk or opportunity in sales/margin and identify ways to minimize the risk or maximize the opportunity
- Provide analytical insights on effectiveness of strategies and promotions through ad hoc analysis
- Deliver accurate forecast by month by Season Code (SSC) and inform the team and recommend actions on maintaining healthy liable inventory positions by SSC
- In partnership with Buying Directors, manage monthly receipt roll up to understand inventory positioning for the total EU
- Provide DC with a reliable forecast. Highlight risk and opportunity to the business and share with the DC team in order ensure appropriate staffing to fulfill customer promise
- Partner with logistics to plan for Peak.
- Ensure liable inventory in the DC is appropriately managed and partner with DC team to conduct quarterly clean up
- Inquisitive and have strong sense of curiosity. Have determination to get to the right answer by being resourceful and analytical.
- Commands respect and have strong leadership skills.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams across globe.
- Strong organization skill and able to create processes when surrounded by ambiguity.
- Participate in company and brand initiatives as appropriate.
- Partner with Manager in developing performance and individual career goals.
- Prioritize and set expectations around key deliverables with cross-functional team and peers.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 6-8 years of retail buying, planning or analytical/financial experience
- Comfortable in operating under minimal structure. Create own paths/processes when necessary
- Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of the organization
- Effectively interact with all levels of the organization, including leadership and executive team members
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel. Must be able to use pivot tables, filters, lookup functions, etc.
- Ability to manipulate data from different sources into report format
- Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements.
- Able to negotiate with and influence peers and members of cross-functional team
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Customer oriented
- Ability to work with large amounts of data without losing sight of the big picture
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs