We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The Production Manager joins a Product Operations team that is laser focused on product quality and innovation. In this role, the Production Manager is responsible for the development and sourcing strategy for a select group of categories. The Production Manager works closely with peers in Design, Technical Design, Merchandising, Inventory Planning, & Gap International Sourcing offices (GIS).
What you'll do
- Change Management
- Learning Agility
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Contributing member and/or leader of a high performing team to drive the product development of categories within your area of responsibility
- Develops strong internal cross-functional relationships within Athleta and across Gap Inc. not limited to merchandising, production, tech design, marketing, product ops, global supply, and with external vendors both domestically and internationally
- Inspires and/or leads functional team to remain; product obsessed, customer-focused, innovative, fast-moving and team-oriented
- Manage costing process to ensure financial targets are met by delivering costing guidance to the cross-functional team
- Work closely with GIS on cost negotiations, cost options, brand sourcing needs, order placement, delivery issues & partner on problem resolution
- Maintain an understanding of our brand aesthetic and collaborate with Design to support the development of the product line
- Understand divisional and cross-functional goals and work with team to execute supporting strategies
- Drive the responsive strategies by recommending appropriate responsive lever (chase/FAST/RR/etc) & set up the supply chain to support by positioning materials/capacity in partnership with GIS
- Manage responsive booking process and Time & Action calendars as needed
- Develop and manage relationships & facilitate weekly Production updates with the cross-functional team
- Provide technical manufacturing expertise to internal teams
- Manage liabilities by influence business partners to minimize & develop solutions to reuse to minimize financial impact
- Manage product integrity reviews & work to resolve testing exception reports
- Proactively work to mitigate quality issues by ensuring appropriate testing & vetting of the product is completed during development
- Recruit, hire, retain and develop succession plan for direct reports
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 5-10 years apparel production/sourcing experience, preferably performance experience
- Understanding of trade regulation, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction
- Demonstrated proactive problem solving skills, sound decision making, and an innovative thinker
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strategic agility and global perspective
- Strong negotiation skills with audiences of all levels
- Emphasis on driving and influencing global business processes and decisions
- Detail oriented with strong follow-through
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and execute multiple projects at once
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and react to change in a composed, professional manner
- Sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks
- Basic retail math skills to determine costs, margins, turn, and other related metrics
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
- Computer skills: Microsoft Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook. Web based applications; Assortment and Costing Tools, PLM -Product Lifecycle Management tool.
- Willingness to travel as needed
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs