About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Store Planner ensures stores’ inventory levels reflect the merchandise and allocation strategies to meet or exceed financial plans for their area of responsibility.
What you'll do
- Learning Agility
- Strategic Orientation
- Collaboration and Influencing
- Develop store level sales and inventory deviations that align with division objectives.
- Make seasonal recommendations based on analysis/knowledge of geographical/store performance trends and customer profile and communicate appropriately.
- Recommend and coordinate new methods of store planning business analysis, process improvement, system enhancement, and allocation strategies to optimize inventory.
- Develop logical fact-based solutions to business opportunities or issues.
- Inform cross-functional business partners of location based performance results, trends, opportunities and risks. Develop appropriate recommendations and influence actions to maximize sales
- Develop market and store knowledge based on geography and customer attributes, field input and historical store performance.
- Execute and analyze store level hindsight, synthesize results and recommend strategies.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement.
- Maintain a collaborative, innovative and results-oriented environment.
- Influence HQ & Field business partners to drive outcomes.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years’ relevant work experience, preferred
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math.
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Ability to dissect a problem into an organized approach and quickly form a hypothesis against which to run test analysis.
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action.
- Analytical Rigor: Ability to run complicated quantitative analysis in a defect-free manner. Mastery of Microsoft Excel is critical to this role (knowledge of VBA preferred).
- Creative Thinking: A combination of out of the box thinking and the ability to question status quo and generally accepted beliefs. Able to generate innovative insights from analysis to drive actionable results.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills: A consensus building, upbeat team contributor. Ability to work collaboratively across levels and functions to build trust and respect. Strong professional presence.
- Exceptional Organization: Highly organized, strong planning and time management skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Powerful Communication: Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and on paper. Strong listening skills.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs