About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Manager is responsible for leading and developing an entire functional area to provide exceptional service to customers while delivering financial and service level objectives. This is done by providing feedback and coaching that drives customer (internal or external) satisfaction, business results and creates a competitive advantage for the business. In this role, the Manager will partner with other functional areas within the contact center and develop relationships with other internal/external business partners. The Manager achieves results through exceptional decision quality and problem solving, an extraordinary customer focus and developing a team focused on fraud prevention and engaged in the department’s success.
What you'll do
- Demonstrate technical and functional knowledge of contact center procedures and applications.
- Develop coach and motivate front line leadership for the functional area.
- Take ownership and responsibility for all KPI’s for the team.
- Financial planning responsibilities include budgeting and financial planning including managing payroll expenses.
- Work with internal business partner as well as vendors to identify fraud trends and understand best practices as it relates to risk management.
- Develop strategies to leverage resources and tools available to identify possible automation opportunities.
- Work on new projects and initiatives to assess potential impact to the functional area as well as the broader contact center.
- Manage workload forecasting, staffing and scheduling requirements for the team.
- Demonstrate technical and functional knowledge of contact center systems and fraud prevention/management tools.
- Create a long term strategic roadmap for the functional area.
- Manage chargeback process for the ecommerce business.
Who you are
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Experience with remote and/or cross site supervision
- Excellent ability to motivate and develop employees
- Understanding of fraud prevention application (ReD)
- Knowledge of call center technologies including but not limited to: Avaya (CMS CentreVu), NICE IEX WFM
- Understanding of call center technologies including OMS and alert management
- Understanding of call center dynamics and terminology
- Demonstrated success with managing multiple workload priorities
- Integrity and trustworthiness
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills
- PC skills: Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, Access and/or other software/database skills
- Ability to flex work schedule to meet business needs
Minimum educational level:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in managing people, accountable for results in a Contact Center or Financial Services/Credit Card industry.
- 3-5 years multi-site experience preferred.
- PC skills: Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, Access or other software/database skills
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs