Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
What you'll do
- Interpret the needs of the Product Development staff and develop graphics and copy, as needed.
- Creates in house designs for all graphics and on garment embellishments, in partnership with internal and external partners.
- Leverages and sometimes directs external creative vendors to fulfill assortment needs where graphics are concerned.
- Partner with the Legal Department to ensure that graphics/designs are not trademarked and can be utilized by the Company.
- This may include, but is not limited to, fabric design, labeling, hang tags, pins, embroideries, etc.
- Produce mechanical art and complex graphic design (logos, illustrations, photographs, tags, labels, etc.) through interpretation of design ideas.
- Stay abreast of trends, new techniques and resources in graphic design.
- Research new technologies in graphic design and make recommendations for enhancements, upgrades and purchases.
- Develop, enhance and reference library in an organized manner to allow prompt and easy access for all product groups.
- Builds consensus with design and merchandising business partners towards developing appropriate solutions.
- Acts as a technical resource for the department and provides in depth expert knowledge to graphics employees.
- Works primarily independently and handles issues of high complexity.
Who you are
- Thorough knowledge of graphics production (e.g., silk screen color separation; camera ready art, heat transfers, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work accordingly.
- Excellent computer skills (Photoshop, Quark, Illustrator and additional related software).
- Strong creative sense with proven artistic abilities.
- Ability to conduct concept research based on seasonal themes.
- 2-4 years graphic retail/textile experience.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs