Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Gap PR Assistant is an exciting role at a time when traditional PR is evolving with the new media and social landscape. Day-to-day responsibilities include sample management and trafficking, digital asset coordination, media monitoring as well as long-term projects like seasonal trend reports, influencer research and content creation. Candidates should be eager, enthusiastic, social media savvy, with an interest in influencer marketing, and have a base knowledge of digital and print press.
What you'll do
- Sample management support
- Checking in samples
- Closet organization for Gap, GapKids, babyGap, GapBody and GapFit
- Product management
- Sample trafficking support
- Support PR Coordinator with pulling samples for editorial requests
- Oversee editorial coverage
- Track & manage product warehouse orders
- Asset management support
- Support PR Coordinator with asset downloads
- Press clippings
- Seasonal trend reports
- Support Sr. Director PR as needed
- Book travel, meetings, and provide limited administrative support
- Support EU region for day-to-day needs
- Social media tracking + monitoring
Who you are
- A strong sense of social media + PR principles
- Past sample management experience preferred
- Previous fashion PR role or internships preferred
- Passion for Gap brand
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs