About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
1. Maintain a Safe + Crime Free environment for DC employees and visitors
- Oversee all aspects of Campus access control, CCCTV, burglar alarm, and fire systems, along with Safety/Business Continuity Plans, to ensure training and systems standards meet compliance expectations and programs are being executed effectively
- Partner with HR, ER, and Operations to effectively respond to, manage and mitigate all incidents involving threats and/or workplace violence
- Work with Distribution Center Operations personnel to complete operational audits, ensuring that physical security standards are maintained
- Work with management to ensure safe environment, including conducting necessary drills/tests, following up on opportunities for improvement
- Maintain effective relationships with local law enforcement and fire department agencies
- Ensure the LP team maintains accurate and timely incident reports for security and safety events
2. Leadership, Training and Development
- Positively demonstrate the company’s Core Values by developing trust and respect among peers and management
- Manage the implementation of all loss prevention initiatives as directed by the Campus Loss Prevention Business Leader (RLPM or Director); support the roll out of loss prevention strategies
- Supervise all campus LP Shift Coordinators. Secondary oversight to the general and daily activities of Loss Prevention Specialists. Teams generally consist of 8 to 23 hourly employees, plus contract guards, depending on location
- Serve as the primary point person for all campus loss prevention issues, in partnership with Shift Coordinators and Specialist
- Use discretion and independent judgment to manage all campus loss prevention issues as the primary point person, in partnership with Shift Coordinators and Specialists
- Assist in the recruiting hiring and training of Loss Prevention Shift Coordinators and Specialists
- Develop and administer Individual Development Objectives, monthly performance check-ins and provide feedback for annual review process for Shift Coordinators and Specialists
- Support the development of awareness campaigns by promoting available resources (Code of Business Conduct Hotline, Loss Prevention awareness center, etc.)
- Participate in and support the on-boarding process for all new hires within area of responsibility
- Effectively manage invoices and repairs process to support budgetary compliance
- 3. Contribute to shortage reduction: Inventory Management, Auditing & Investigations.
- Drive a culture of shortage awareness by implementing and maintaining effective education and training programs
- Oversee LP auditing program focused on conducting inventory control audits in dedicated and/or integrated distribution environments:
A. Retail: inbound, stocking, picking (manual pick, put to store & sortation), shipping, and quality control
B. Online: inbound, stocking, picking (manual pick, sortation), packing, shipping, and quality control, e-commerce system audits, refundseturns, missing packages, fraud/chargebacksWork with Distribution Center Operations to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend solutions; in partnership with Loss Prevention Shift Coordinators, determine the assignment of appropriate Loss Prevention resources (i.e. Supervisors, technology, etc.) to address shortage reduction opportunitiesWork with Operations Leadership (Manager and Director) to support operational complianceMaintain a working knowledge of all DC functions and warehouse management systems (WMS, nWMS, WMOS, Cofe, Poet/Encore)In partnership with the Campus Loss Prevention Business Leader (RLPM or Director), collaborate with Supply Chain Investigations Managers, Field Investigators and Field Loss Prevention partners to support investigations and shortage initiatives to impact loss prevention metrics and results Support the Supply Chain Investigations team and Campus Loss Prevention Business Leader (RLPM or Director) in the management of third party vendors, poolers and shipping companiesRecover assets and/or make safe apprehensions following company apprehension policies. Oversee respective Loss Prevention Lead population in the adherence to company guidelines regarding apprehension-related activities Conduct Interviews in accordance with company policies with the intent of identifying and resolving issues relating to loss, safety, and/or workplace violence
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Daily interaction with Loss Prevention Management team including Loss Prevention Shift Coordinators and other leadership. Regular interface with Distribution Center Operations personnel and leadership (Supervisors, Managers). Regular interface with Campus Loss Prevention Business Leader (RLPM or Director) as well as intermittent interactions with third party (pooler, shipping, etc.) representatives. May work periodically with Field LP partners to support cross-brand programs and initiatives.
Who you are
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Excellent communication ability, both written and verbal
- Excellent delegation and follow-up skills. Strong ability to disseminate work and manage follow up activities
- Loss Prevention investigation skills preferred
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong people management ability
2) Minimum educational level:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Four year college degree preferred.
3) Minimum experience:
- 5+ years of retail Loss Prevention experience.
- 2+ years supervisory experience.
- State certification required, where applicable.
4) Physical Requirements:
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriate to retail business needs.
- Must be able to stand/walk distribution center floor for hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs