About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
What you'll do
- Drives productivity of team to achieve store financial, revenue and expense targets.
- Monitors sales forecasts to ensure labor is utilized to optimize traffic and sales.
- Leads implementation of product placement, marketing and promotional strategies.
- Ensures team executes operational excellence by engaging customers through in service mindset.
- Works with team to measure the success of brand initiatives, in-store trends and market insights to drive growth.
- Represents our brand within their market, understanding our competitors as well as driving community relationships.
- Promotes store involvement in Community in Action programs.
- Upholds a high-quality store experience for the external and internal customer.
- Builds effective relationships with cross-divisional and store-center partners.
- Attracts and selects high potential talent; assesses for skill and cultural fit.
- Accountable for team performance through consistent coaching and feedback.
- Creates development plans that support performance needs and career growth for self and direct reports.
- Holds store team and self accountable to all Gap Inc. standards of performance.
- Leads efforts to reduce in-store shrink activity through education, awareness and compliance.
- Ensures compliance to all Federal, Provincial, State, and Gap Inc. employment requirements
Who you are
- 3-5 years of retail management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results through motivation, inspiration and accountability.
- Shows internal drive to succeed.
- Ability to communicate well with others and provide clarity to the team about the mission and the day-to-day goals.
- Skilled at recognizing great performance and excels at delivering constructive feedback.
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation in problem solving.
- Has a solid understanding of the business, and a drive to continually apply knowledge to grow the business.
- Established time management skills and effective planning and prioritizing skills.
- College Degree preferred
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver around salesfloor, stockroom and office.
- Travel between stores and outside the state/province if necessary
- Open availability to meet the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs