About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
What you'll do
- Rolefunctionally responsible for building the End to End test automation across allproduct teams.
- Drive the strategy andeffort to modernize and migrate on premise applications / services to relevantcloud.
- Drive the effort foradoption of the containerization of the legacy apps /services
- Partner with andassist the applications teams with deployment architecture
- Drive the automationof the infrastructure as a service
- Drive the cloudoptimization and security governance
- Drive the automationof the infrastructure where needed
- Working in partnershipwith colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams toachieve common goals
- Hands on experience onleading and managing operations of large-scale internet-centric productionenvironments for application or infrastructure services serving tens tomillions of end users.
- Influences and drivespossible updates, recommendations, strategic opportunities to HDC & USleadership
- Develops collaborativerelationships with HDC & US business leaders
- Effectively innovateand operate outside the comfort zone of established methods and procedures
- Establish immediatecredibility at all levels both inside and outside the organization and developslasting, productive and collaborative relationships
- Successfully work,collaborate and influence across organizational and geographic boundaries
Who you are
- Bachelor’sin Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- Minimum8 years’ experience in an Engineering Leadership position, overall 16+ years ofwork experience
- Experiencein Retail, Fast moving consumer goods, Consumer durables Industry will bepreferred.
- Provenhands-on experience with cloud-based technologies and tools especially indesigning, deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Kubernetes, Azure,OCI, etc.
- Expertisein driving the effort for modernizing, migrating the workloads from on premiseto cloud @ enterprise scale.
- Effectivelyworked in partnership with colleagues throughout an organization, and inleading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
- Deepunderstanding of SRE philosophy, technologies, platforms and tools, SLAmanagement, incident resolution, and automation.
- Successfulhands on experience on managing operations of large-scale internet-centricproduction environments for application or infrastructure services serving tensto millions of end users.
- Exposureto Azure is preferred
- Exposureto AKS is preferred
- Exposureto OCI is preferred
- Broadknowledge of staple IT technologies (e.g., operating systems, servers,virtualization, storage, software development, and their related impacts as itpertains to network resources).
- Demonstratedexcellent decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs