About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
Provide support and serves as the strategic business partner to Store Director. The Flag Staffing Manager is responsible for store staffing - both sales and stock associates as well as leadership roles. Support a sustainable positive work climate which includes engagement, store culture and retention. High level of exposure to Headquarters (HQ) business partners as this flagship store is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco. This location is 50,000 square feet and houses a full expression of the Brand. It is the largest and most visible store in California and is ranked #2 volume in the fleet.
What you'll do
- Creatively recruits talent through networking, cold-calling, shopping the competition, and developing relationships with schools and other agencies to ensure store is always positioned with the best talent.
- Accountable for appropriate store staffing levels of sales and stock associates as well as leaders.
- Engages, goals and holds leaders in building accountable to take part in recruiting effort of store to ensure store is staffed with the best talent in all positions in building.
- Creates an engaging employee experience that can attract and retain the best retail talent in the industry Builds key talent and bench by implementing established Talent Exchange process; works closely with Senior Talent Leader to ensure development plans and training opportunities are in place at every level of leadership. Evaluates and drives Leadership Team effectiveness through observation, feedback, and teambuilding.
- Along with Senior Talent Leader, works to ensure GPS conversations are consistent and rich to support accelerated leadership development and promotion of talent at Grant Avenue.
- Responsible for consistently collecting feedback from store associates to ensure a positive store environment that is rich in recognition and support to maximize employee experience.
- Monitors retention and proactively identifies opportunities to enhance employee experience.
Who you are
Key Experiences & Skills
- 5+ years HR and Recruiting leadership experience in a service oriented industry
- High volume recruitment and staffing; Demonstrated ability to attract, assess and select talent ensuring all staffing measures are met
- Demonstrated capability to drive results through unwavering focus on staffing and retention.
- Creative mindset– experience in bringing out the creative ideas of others; and willing to try new ways to secure talent that will encourage new possibilities
- Strong customer focus mindset internally and externally
- Strategic thinking skills that are grounded in brand reputation and customer experiences
- Excellent decision making ability
- Leads by example and demonstrates Growth Mindset through embracing challenges and learning from feedback
- A self-directed and lifelong learner; seeks out new ideas and experiences to grow in role
- Ambiguity – is change agile, can decide and act without having the full picture, comfortably handles risk and uncertainty
- College Degree preferred/HR certified preferred
- Familiar with federal, state and local labor laws
- Travel between stores and outside the state/province, if necessary
- Open availability to meet the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs