About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Senior Director, Company Planning & Marketing Effectiveness is the primary owner of all top-down planning and forecasting for sales/margin/inventory within Global Banana Republic. Additionally, the incumbent owns measuring promotional effectiveness and consulting with the business to improve performance over time.
What you'll do
- Lead the development of sales, margin and inventory budgets and long-range plans at the company and market level.
- Develop quarterly financial targets for the Inventory Management, Merchandising and Production teams that support delivery of the Brand's long-term goals.
- Partner closely with Inventory Management teams to ensure divisional plans support total company targets and that financial plan risks and opportunities are clearly communicated as part of milestone meetings.
- Manage daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly forecasts at a brand and market level and provide reporting to Leadership.
- Partner closely with cross functional business partners to lead productive monthly forecast meetings and pre-season milestone meetings with clear communication of business trends, issues and recommendations.
- Lead the credit line process for all channels and geographies within Global Banana Republic (approval from Gap Inc. CFO to purchase incremental units).
- Serve as the single point of contact for Investor Relations questions regarding the Brand’s business.
- Identify profit-maximizing opportunities and influence promotional and markdown strategies as well as inventory management actions.
- Influence the Brand's promotional calendar through detailed analytics and hindsighting of previous actions.
Communication / Relationships
- Communicate a compelling vision for the Banana Republic Company Planning & Marketing Effectiveness team.
- Create a cohesive, high-performing cross-channel Company Planning team.
- Coordinate efforts of direct reports to ensure consistency of information and organizational efficiency across all markets and channels.
- Establish and maintain high-performing cross-functional relationships. Keep business partners informed of emerging issues, company strategy and financial priorities.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best-practices and address business questions.
Who you are
- Proven ability to analyze and present data effectively; clearly frame business issues and form persuasive business cases.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills. Reputation for objectivity and seasoned business judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to build strong partnerships and influence others.
- Comfort around all levels of management.
- Able to foster teamwork and set clear expectations for direct reports.
- Proven track record of leading, developing and retaining high-performing teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required and MBA a plus.
- 10+ years financial management experience.
- 5+ years in Company Planning or Inventory Management for a large retail Company; ideally with Stores and Online experience.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs