About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This Sr. Analyst will support thebrand operational execution of Demand Driven Buying and support BR’s ability toachieve Gap Inc. performance goals. This role will: support continuous processimprovement, support the Responsive Capability tool which BR and GIS partnersuses to strategically nominate and manage DDB product. This role will alsosupport strategic project work to evolve the capability in service to drivingBR’s business, and help to define the future state of responsive productordering at Gap Inc. This role is highly collaborative, working across our brand,supply chain and operations team, and product management teams.
What you'll do
- This role interacts heavily BR & BRFS Brand leaders in: Production, Inventory Strategy, Inv. Mgt, and Merchandising, as well as with GSC and product management teams.
- This role must balance exerting strategic influence on the brand at the leader level, to drive better business decisions which leverage responsive capabilities while also dealing with tactical day-to-day of the RSC tool and help inform the design of a future process/tool which will evolve Inc. responsive capability usage.
- This role serves as the DDB lead for BR & BRFS and supports the brand’s ability to achieve Gap Inc. performance goals
- This role interacts with the leads from the sister brands on a daily/weekly basis and brings the BR POV and unique challenges, opportunities, and learnings to the table to drive Gap Inc. responsive capability improvement and growth.
- Support operational execution of Demand Driven Buying at BR/BRFS, and support brand’s ability to achieve Gap Inc. performance goals.
- Serve as primary day-to-day Demand Driven Buying lead with brand teams.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and collaborate to develop and implement solutions.
- Drive brand training activities on Demand Driven Buying capability.
- Support strategic work on designing the evolution and future state of Demand Driven Buying, including testing and requirements documentation.
- Effectively collaborate with brand partners to execute and drive change.
- Manage workplan and track completion of expected deliverables; escalate risks to delivery and partner to resolve.
- Develop knowledge of tools and systems that impact supply chain and brand product pipeline.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to derive insight from data.
- Ability to learn quickly and drive for results.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, coordination, and collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment.
- Self-directed with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Operations or related analytic field.
- 3-4 years of experience in strategy, management consulting, operations, retail/consumer products or similar analytics role.
- Proficient in Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong economics/financial acumen and/or operations principles (a plus).
- Experience in retail (a plus).
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs