About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Corporate Operations is responsible for coordinating the corporate services for the company as a whole. The Corporate Operations Coordinator (COC) position is seen as the go-to person within the Operations team for their peers and business partners. Employee service requests are sent or called in; the coordinator uses their strong general knowledge of department policies and procedures to route service requests to the appropriate provider. The Corporate Operations Coordinator will serve as a primary for conference rooms and service request support to the corporate employee population. The Corporate Operations Coordinator must have a well-rounded knowledge of all aspects of the Corporate Operations department, affiliated departments, and the company as a whole to serve as a resource to business partners. Core duties, but not limited too, are below:
What you'll do
- Conference Room/Events Management
- Assist on-site production teams and presenters for corporate meetings and conferences as needed.
- Partner with Global Events/Catering team(s) to produce successful on-site event.
- Partnering with peers on tracking events within the Operations calendar and helping own meeting reservations and bookings when upper staff is away.
- Corporate Operations Support
- Answer incoming requests from the department hotline/inbox along with monitoring Service Now tickets created by internal BP. Determine appropriate group to handle service request (Corporate Operations Representative, Engineering, Vendor, self-perform, Supervisor or Manager) and direct accordingly.
- Perform various tasks within department including, but not limited to: filing cabinet key requests, janitorial issues, painting, lighting requests, etc.
- Proactively identify issues and develop thorough, well-defined recommendations to meet customer requirements through partnering with team on weekly walkthroughs of the building.
- Help hold COR team accountable for daily walkthroughs of floor ownership and opening and completing tickets accordingly for daily findings. Report inspection results to Supervisor
- Partner with Corporate Operations Supervisor to learn entry level vendor management maintenance to assist in requests and walkthroughs in absence of Supervisor.
- Facilitate maintenance requests through SN ticket system for all buildings including pest control, locksmith, janitorial, flooring, plumbing, lighting, HVAC, painting, electrical, signage, etc.
- Ability to support COR duties when needed.
- Help create new systems and initiatives to help reduce net spend, increase productivity and create a higher level of customer service initiatives.
- Creation and upkeep of filing systems, organization of operational closet and inventory logs of operation owned goods.
- Moves Coordination
- Assist Supervisor with departmental purges and collection of stats to report to SF office.
- Scoping of workstations and offices for scheduled weekly moves.
- Manage and execute all weekly moves on scheduled move day.
- Keep inventory record of all moves supplies needed for departmental moves.
Who you are
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a flexible, positive and team oriented work environment is a must
- Pleasant phone demeanor and experience dealing with multiple phone lines.
- Juggle multiple projects and prioritize them accordingly.
- Broad knowledge of Corporate Operations policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Open to change and able to embrace new processes.
- Substantial knowledge and experience using a PC and its associated software packages, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on multiple projects involving different customer groups.
- Treat confidential information appropriately.
- Strong organizational skills and able to work independently.
- Lead and communicate to team members concerning workload and pending tasks.
- Remain calm during stressful situations.
- High school diploma or GED.
- College degree preferred.
- Experience with providing high service levels and owning multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to walk, stand, kneel, and carry objects up to 60 lbs.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs