Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Copywriter II develops editorial content for the Gap website, emails and special projects.
What you'll do
- Creates, proofreads, and self-edits copy that clearly communicates marketing messages.
- Writes, self-edits, and proofreads copy for all online content components, including site marketing copy, email messages, promotions, and other projects as needed.
- Concepts seasonal product stories, collaborating with photo, design, marketing, and merchandising.
- Able to work as part of a team or independently.
- Collaborates with designers to ensure that copy communicates effectively within a layout.
- Meets deadlines, attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Plays an active role in photo brainstorming and concept development for online photography needs.
- Responsible for scheduling workflow, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Works closely with marketing, technical designers and production partners throughout the lifecycle of each project.
The Copywriter II reports to the Senior Copywriter. In order to ensure creative alignment across all channels of the brand experience, the Copywriter II must foster a partnership with the Gap store copy team.
Who you are
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Excellent command of the English language and grammar.
- Knowledge of current trends and general interest in fashion.
- Ability to adapt writing to Gap voice.
- Strong and flexible writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to interact productively during brainstorming and kick-off meetings, work independently, and communicate information among team members.
- Excellent organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines. Proficient in Microsoft Word. Working knowledge of Excel, Outlook.
2) Minimum educational level:
- BA in Creative Writing, Journalism, or related area.
3) Minimum experience:
- 3 – 5 years professional writing experience, preferably in an online or direct-communications environment.
- Fashion retail experience preferred.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs