About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Manager of Customer Service is responsible for leading a team of Customer Service Supervisors to provide exceptional customer service. The Manager role requires the delivery of results through creative problem solving, effective decision quality, cross site and cross department collaboration, a strong customer focus, organized planning, and the development of leaders who are engaged in the company’s success.
What you'll do
- Provide management of the daily operations of the Customer Contact Center function.
- Meet or exceed Contact Center goals for key performance indicators including, but not limited to, service level objectives, quality ratings, financial performance, attritionetention, AHT.
- Work collaboratively across departments and locations to support the business.
- Demonstrate technical and functional knowledge of contact center procedures and applications.
- Develop, coach and motivate Customer Service Supervisors.
- Partner with Operations, and Human Resources on staffing, scheduling, and employee issues.
- Demonstrate positive change management leadership; supporting staff through initiatives and updates to our business processes in a rapidly changing environment.
- Assist with incentives and employee events to maintain staff morale.
- Other projects as assigned
Who you are
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven ability to motivate, develop and lead employees.
- Strong collaboration skills; including the ability to work closely with internal partners across multiple business functions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent decision making and analytical skills.
- Effective organizational skills; proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of call center operations.
- Integrity and trustworthiness.
- PC skills: Microsoft Office—PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access or other software/database skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of customer service experience.
- 3-5 years supervisory or management experience.
- Previous eCommerce experience strongly preferred.
Physical & Schedule Requirements:
Ability to flex work schedule to meet business and travel needs, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs