About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Sr. Finance Analyst for Global Franchise supports forecasting, closing, and budgeting the Gap Inc. Global Franchise division, which includes Gap Franchise, Banana Republic Franchise, and Old Navy Franchise. We are looking for a Senior Analyst that is highly analytical, detail-oriented, can pick up new concepts quickly, and work independently. The role requires someone with strong excel modeling skills, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills, as he/she will be working with business partners that have diverse backgrounds and varying degrees of financial expertise, to gather accurate information for monthly forecasting and close.
What you'll do
- Point of contact for Global Franchise revenue, cost of sales and expenditures, responsible for identifying and communicating key issues, opportunities and time lines
- Develop monthly financial forecasts for Global Franchise team that accurately predict business performance and highlight key issues for senior management
- Manage monthly financial close process for Divisional and Marketing expenses - deliver accurate financial results, including comprehensive analysis of key expense and balance sheet items
- Partner with Global Brand and Functional teams in support of management and financial reporting, as well as statutory reporting requirements
- Develop annual budgets and long range plans for Global Franchise teams that meet all Corporate requirements, are aligned with Global Franchise strategies, and incorporate recommendations from key business partners
- Partner with Human Resources to monitor Global Franchise headcount
- Evaluate current processes and tools to drive efficiencies and value added enhancements
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
- Provide ad hoc analytical support to influence decision making with financial perspective
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with proven ability to interact with various management levels
- Sound knowledge of accounting/financial/operational principles and theory
- Proven ability to develop effective business partner relationships
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills, reflecting prioritization with a sense of urgency
- Experience budgeting, forecasting, closing and reconciling operating expenditures
- Ability to formulate strategies and identify trends through research and analysis of various data
Who you are
- Proven analytical ability and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Oracle and Essbase experience a plus
- CPA or Master’s Degree in Accounting strongly preferred
- 2 to 3 years of business experience in Finance, Accounting or related field, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs