About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
TheSenior Manager category lead in Strategic Sourcing drives competitive advantageand value creation for Gap Inc. The Senior Manager category lead will ownplanning, implementation, and execution of category strategies for highlycomplex Domestic Logistics category, including Parcel, Line Haul and3PL categories. The Senior Managercategory lead will be responsible for developing and maturing strong andeffective business partner relationships with leaders internally and externallythat result in on-going strategic partnerships, leveraging their subject matterexpertise and market intelligence to yield total cost of ownership savings.
What you'll do
- Lead Category Strategydevelopment and execution through strong technical/functional knowledge, in supportof the business’ short-term and long-term plans. Has deep understanding of keystrategic sourcing functions (supplier selection, marketing intelligence,business partner management, contract management, negotiations, SRM, etc.) aswell as subject matter expertise in the small parcel, line Haul, and 3PL categories.
- Build and strengthenstrategic relationships: successfully partner across varied functions and levelswith senior internal stakeholders, external suppliers, agencies and colleaguesto drive results and influence change
- External Focus: Develop categoryknowledge and regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers andstakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Lead cross-functionteam to achieve defined category performance targets; hold vendors accountableto performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigationstrategies as needed
- Leverage stronginfluencing skills todefine Strategic Sourcing’s role and align objectives and targets withstakeholders, including senior leadership
- Subject matter expert to the broadercategory teams in the development of plans for implementation and changemanagement for projects
- Act as a changeagent todrive Strategic Sourcing process, scale and leverage opportunities
Who you are
- Business Acumen: category expertise inthe following categories (small parcel, line haul, and 3PL)
- Strategic Orientation: experience leveragingbusiness acumen, market intelligence, and insight to influence and drivestrategic impact across a portfolio of categories. Proven ability to assess andadapt to dynamic business environment
- Sourcing Capability: experience leading a team and/or complex,global project to drive short and long-term results through categorystrategies, leveraging in-depth market knowledge, collaboration and influencingat all levels of a global organization.
- Personal Leadership: demonstratedexecutive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across aleadership team.
- Drive for Results: Demonstrated abilityto effectively navigate and lead others in an ambiguous environment to achievehigh levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team.
- Change Leadership: experience leading withand without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Experience: 7 + years professional experience inmanagement consulting, strategic sourcing, or supply chain
- Education: Advanced degree preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs