About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Supply Chain Product Management team designs, develops, and implements software from product creation though end of life that enable Gap Inc. to meet their business goals and maximize profitability throughout the product lifecycle. Projects are designed to create sustainable competitive advantages that generate significant financial return and enhance the customer experience. The Sr. Product Manager will drive the strategy for, and implementation of, PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) initiatives while supporting the development and execution of Digital Product Creation. The person in this position will be instrumental in delivering foundational and innovative capabilities that support the digitilization of the product development process. This leader will:
What you'll do
- Understand current business challenges and strategic priorities developed by leaders
- Consider alternative business scenario(s) or option(s)
- Identify and implement multiple ways to achieve goals in case of obstacles; create contingency plans
- Readily accept and use expertise and input from a diverse group of peers
- Lead cross functional teams and/or collaborates with leaders
- Work toward a specific goal and follows through on difficult situations to deliver on promises
- Identify opportunities in own area to contribute to the commercial success of the enterprise
- Lead the development and implementation of PLM initiative that support overall company and brand objectives
- Manage the overarching PLM product strategy and roadmap
- Support the development and execution of digital product creation roadmap
- Engage the business to identify opportunities in current systems and process and create requirements for functional changes to maximize returns on application development efforts
- Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project and work with internal business groups to adjust products and practices in order to support new features and functionality.
- Proactively and effectively communicate changes to systems and tools to leadership
- Guide research, analysis, and support for identifying, evaluating, and resolving strategic opportunities.
- Build relationships with key leaders and other brand stakeholders.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of industry trends to introduce continual process, tool and methodology improvements.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within the Brand and Gap Tech.
Who you are
- 5-7 year product management work experience required
- Experience on projects with complex scope and with system and process implementations
- Experience developing and working with PLM applications
- Experience managing large cross functional teams, including large global engineering teams
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with strategic and quantitative analysis – ability to gather and interpret data
- Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of the organization
- Strong strategic thinking skills with ability to perform analysis at a low level of detail
- Execution and results focused, with emphasis on on-time delivery, ability to structure complex work streams and work independently and with teams
- BA/BS with emphasis on quantitative skills in economics, industrial engineering, business, mathematics
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs