About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Doris and Don Fisher opened the first Gap store in 1969 with a simple idea — to make it easier to find a pair of jeans — and a commitment to do more. Over the last 49 years, the company has grown from a single store into a global fashion business, employing over 125,000 employees, with six brands: Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Intermix, and Hill City. Core to our operations are Gap Inc.’s Social Environmental & Responsibility practices and our pledge to do more. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices globally including New York, London, Shanghai, and Tokyo we offer the opportunity to grow
a career in a company committed to do more for the communities we operate within.
As a part of the support behind our GapTech, Customer and Digital organization, you will be responsible for program and project execution against talent management and technical learning strategies. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, and to build and operate with immense scale. You will have an opportunity to deepen your learning and development skills while learning new technical and leadership skills. Come join our diverse team and grow with us.
What you'll do
- Partners with Sr. Manager, TM and HR to identify solutions to technical and functional talent development gaps
- Facilitate and deliver technical and enterprise training or other initiatives
- Manages L&D for GapTech including development, planning, and rollout of communication, TM programs, and reporting
- Responsible for administration of designated learning activities, including classroom courses, learning management system (LMS), and e-learning/virtual training offerings.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and balance business needs versus technical restraints
- Remain flexible to changing priorities and creatively solve for project threats to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Increase learning engagement with marketing and communication campaigns
Who you are
- Demonstrated success working in and achieving outcomes across the Talent Lifecycle (HR, Recruiting, TM, L&D, OD, etc.) in a technical organization
- 5-7 years of experience, preferably with product-based, team centric DevOps organizations
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver technical instructional courses in person and online
- Knowledge of web-based learning platforms, e-learning authoring tools, and modern adult learning theory preferred
- Ability to thrive in a global, fast-paced and matrixed organization
- Strong detail orientation, planning, and prioritization skills
- Can position themselves as a credible advisor to leaders, peers and cross-functional team players
- Curator of external existing curriculum and learning content
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs