About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Manager of Platform Communications plays a key role working with our GapTech and Global Supply Chain & Product Operations teams to ensure employees are connected to the organization’s goals, are informed of key milestones and are engaged in the team’s priorities. This manager will work closely with our executives to support internal announcements and engagements, provide counsel, and drive recognition for their work both across the enterprise and with key influential external audiences. Focused on driving a positive narrative that supports our recruitment and retention efforts. This role is mainly focused on internal communications, but will require additional support for external communications and executive support as well.
What you'll do
- Responsible for internal communication strategies for our Global Supply Chain & Product Operations and Technology organizations, supporting executives and their leadership teams.
- Develops materials in support of these teams, including organizational announcements, newsletters, and web articles.
- Drive internal employee communication strategies that reach the enterprise and engage them on the company’s transformation.
- Partner with Enterprise Communications team to deliver Inc.-wide messages to GSC&PO and GapTech effectively.
- Identifies and drives opportunities to bring internal stories external – through speaking engagements, social media content or media relations.
- Partner closely with HR and Talent Acquisition partners to align initiatives with People strategies and drive employee engagement.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field
- Minimum five years of relevant experience knowledge, skills and abilities
- Proven track record in internal and executive communications.
- Organized multitasker with the ability to problem solve.
- Experience in public relations – media placements, social media, speaking placements and awards.
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal client relationships, including executive level, in mid- to large-size organizations, preferably a public and/or global company.
- Experience in other functions within corporate communications (i.e., media relations, public affairs, digital/social media, internal communications), a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, experience with MailChimp, Adobe Photoshop or InDesign a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs