About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Doris and Don Fisher opened the first Gap store in 1969. Today, Gap Inc. is a leading global fashion retailer with six brands (Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Intermix, and Hill City), almost 3,700 stores, and more than 135,000 employees. We are on a journey to be the world’s favorite apparel destination, from value to luxury, by delivering great product to our customers and being the best place to work and shop. Gap Inc. has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign and is the winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace. Gap Inc.'s Legal Department was named a 2018 Employer of Choice by the Minority Corporate Counsel Association.
Our Global Employment Law team is seeking a talented project manager focused on enterprise wide compliance. The Employment Compliance Project Manager will lead multiple high visibility and high priority projects related to core employment matters and will coordinate the planning, development and implementation of processes, programs and projects designed to improve and sustain the Company’s employment compliance strategy.
What you'll do
- Drive employment compliance projects: Collect and document user requirements; develop high-level work schedules and test plans; conduct project meetings; monitor timely completion of project deliverables; monitor project staffing
- Partner with key business partners to define strategies and implement processes to ensure compliance with employment laws. Assess current practices and document areas of opportunity for improvement by leveraging new/enhanced technology or better use of current applications.
Examples of Critical work streams:
- Own development, monitoring and implementation of the company’s employment verification and electronic I-9 program, including working with key business partners to implement an effective E-Verify compliance program.
- Establish processes for effective development and implementation of predictive scheduling practices and trainings; conduct trainings as needed.
- Monitor state and local compliance with minor work rules and fair chance laws.
- Maintain team’s library of trainings and business partner education tools.
- Continuous monitoring and maintenance of implemented solutions ensuring end user satisfaction is consistent with intended project scope. Utilizing customer satisfaction success metrics.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Employment law experience preferred.
- Demonstrated Project Management Skills across complex or matrixed organizations.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving.
- Self-directed and motivated professional.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications and the ability to quickly learn new software products.
- Strong business orientation and ability to develop solid working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Strong, persuasive written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to effectively and concisely communicate to business leaders
- Proven ability to take ownership of projects and solutions, and drive to successful and timely completion.
Must possess the following personal qualities:
- Practical and flexible, and able to prioritize and juggle multiple competing tasks
- Adept at and comfortable with making complex riskeward assessments
- Able to focus on possibilities and not problems
- Effective at resolving differences of opinion through consensus building
- Able to conceptualize and articulate pragmatic/creative legal and business solutions to complex legal and business challenges
- Desire and ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Demonstrated commitment to integrity, respect, ethical conduct, and open-mindedness
- Willingness to travel periodically.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs