About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Global Supply Chain and Product Operations Product Management group designs, creates, implements, and optimizes process and software to support best in class retail supply chain capabilities. The work of Product Management impacts all brands: Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Gap Factory, Banana Republic Factory and Intermix. Your work will impact millions of people worldwide who love our iconic brands.
As the Logistics Product Management team, we deliver omni-channel fulfillment and transportation capabilities that become a foundation for our strategic platform across all channels and geographies supporting a fast, efficient, and cost effective global network strategy. We enable capabilities that are designed to create sustainable competitive advantages that generate significant financial return and enhance our customer experience. This is the team that ideates, executes and delivers technology to support product to market capabilities that support Gap, Inc.’s portfolio of brands. We partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 apparel retailer.
The Product Manager II will work to drive the strategy and implementation for new capabilities as well as the optimization of new and existing processes within Gap Inc. This role will focus on enabling flexibility in our supply chain. This role will drive the product roadmap to support best-in-class capabilities that are being enabled to support our suite of brands.
What you'll do
- Serve as product owner, leader, and motivator on cross-functional teams during the lifecycle of product development
- Maintain and prioritize a backlog of work for multiple scrum teams and represent the voice of the customer throughout product development
- Deliver software incrementally, on schedule and within budget
- Work in a mixed model of both waterfall and agile development and deployment
- Partner across IT and Business Partners to identify opportunities in current processes and systems to create a prioritized roadmap for functional changes that will maximize returns on application development efforts
- Collaborate with local and distributed business partners and agile development teams; Build relationships with key business partners and stakeholders
- Ensure impact to the brands and fulfillment teams are clearly articulated and anticipated to ensure successful feature enablement
- Proactively and effectively communicate changes to systems and tools to affected stakeholders
- Own and drive opportunity assessments, requirements definition development, monitoring and implementation of product capability roadmaps aligned to long term business strategies
- Engage and communicate clearly with leaders at different levels on business and technology.
- Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project and works with internal business groups to adjust business tools and practices in order to support new features and functionality.
- Communicate product solutions and benefits to customers and stakeholders; including knowledge transfer and training for on-going management of features.
- Bring form and structure to ambiguous situations
- Develop in-depth knowledge of industry trends to introduce continual process, tool and methodology improvement
- Provide research, analysis, and support for identifying, evaluating, and resolving strategic opportunities
- Drive business process changes necessary to simplify and optimize operations end to end across the supply chain
- Identify key issues, guide and execute analysis, develop conclusions, and present findings to members of the leadership team. Anticipate roadblocks, both intellectual and political, and proactively address issues before they impact business results.
- Lead cross functional projects to support supply chain process optimization end to end. This includes thought leadership, solution innovation and change management identifying process improvement opportunities, key issues, development of conclusions and implementation plans supported with qualitative and quantitative analysis.
Who you are
- Professional Experience & Skills
- 5+ years Product Management experience with complex scope to support business transformation; preferably in logistics
- Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of the organization
- Execution and results focused, with emphasis on on-time delivery, ability to structure complex work streams and work independently and with teams
- Ability to influence stakeholders and decision makers to achieve a desired outcome
- Agile software development
- Demonstrated ability to think globally/strategically and frame new and complex issues - a serious product manager and thought leader that can make strategic choices and help focus the organization on the most critical and value-added activities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing and ambiguous environment.
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills, strong ability to work with complex and detailed data.
- Proficient at project management and senior management communication.
- Understanding of Logistics Systems (fulfillment and/or transportation), with an emphasis of translating and thought leading business capabilities from a technology investment lens
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Decision Science, Operations or related analytic field. Master’s in Engineering or MBA preferred but not required.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs