About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Our mission is to conduct a series of lean, technology enabled experimentsto improve the customer’s in-store experience. And we want your help. We're atight-knit group of designers, product managers, data scientists, engineers,and researchers fueled by curiosity, human understanding, and new technologies.
Want to join us? We have a great opportunity for a Product Manager tojoin our team. This person will manage one of our key focus areas and beresponsible for the vision, strategy, roadmap, and experiment planning acrossour brands including Hill City, Athleta, Old Navy, Banana Republic andGap.
We’re looking for someone with apassion for great customer experiences and love of technology to buildsuccessful products for rewarding retail experiences.
The right person will thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment andbe adept at wearing many hats at any given moment. You could be leading abrainstorm, coordinating our product communication or working with ourtechnical partners to develop a proof of concept. We are looking for anenthusiastic, detail-oriented, and collaborative problem solver who is ready toroll up their sleeves and join a team that's bringing human-centered design todrive change at Gap Inc.
This position reports to Director of Product Management, StoreExperience Innovation.
What you'll do
- Use design thinking to translate customer insights into core productneeds. Champion the needs of the customer to business stakeholders throughoutthe execution of each project, ensuring that what is delivered meets goals andobjectives.
- Identify opportunities, evaluate KPI levers and prioritize initiativesto develop a roadmap that delivers on customer needs and our business strategy.Socialize roadmap with brand partners and senior leadership.
- Work within a cross functional team of UX designers, consumer insightsresearchers, data scientists and engineers to brainstorm new opportunities andbring them to life.
- Conduct a series of lean experiments with customers and store employeesto drive adoption. Revise product roadmap according to new insights fromobserved needs, desires, and behaviors.
- Work with our brand and store operations partners to prioritizeopportunities, create PoCs in our lab stores, and measure results.
- Partner with our in-house technology team and/or outside vendors toexecute on product roadmap.
- Help coordinate a holistic calendar of innovation initiatives andcommunicate across the organization.
Who you are
- Experience working with cross functional teams to define, scope and prioritize product requirements.
- Ability to successfully operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to business users.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to influence others in and across teams.
- Data-driven with the analytical abilities to identify opportunities and drive core KPI analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technology concepts and implications.
- Experience in managing vendor and internal relationships, to effectively communicate realistic expectations.
- 2+ years of product management or equivalent technical and project management experience.
- BS/BA Required. MS/MBA preferred.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs