About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
What you'll do
- The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and project support to the Vice President of Talent Acquisition. The administrative assistant provides and efficient and effective office environment to allows team members to maximize their potential, enable their career aspirations, and support their contribution to the success of our company.
- Enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the Vice President by managing their calendar, email, phones, travel and other administrative functions.
- Manage and schedule all weekly meetings that the Vice President attends and coordinates any follow up to those meetings
- Manage Vice President expenses, travel arrangements and overhead budget. Ensure all expenses meet Gap Inc.'s Expense Management Policy
- Manage mail correspondence and vendor files
- Provide some support administrative support for Vice President's direct reports and team as needed.
- Provide office management support. Includes new-hire set-ups, space coordination, supply ordering, Gap Foundation coordinator, computer hardware inventory and communication updates
- Provide global communication support: revisions to phone list, directories, org charts, voicemail and email distribution
- Manage, coordinate and oversee all operations and logistics for all staff meetings
- Act as an expert source on corporate policies, procedures and information, with the skills and ability to represent the department as necessary
- Partners with Global Gap Inc. administrative assistants to complete cross-functional projects. Participates on special projects as assigned
Who you are
- Experience required: 5+ years administrative support in a corporate environment
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrates professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate clearly, articulately, diplomatically, and professionally - both verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop strong internal and external relationships and to interact effectively with executive leadership and all levels within organization
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and carry out responsibilities in fast-paced environment
- Exceptional team building and people skills
- Self-starter with strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrates ability to develop self and coach others
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Lotus Notes)
- Demonstrates ability to partner with others and build relationships
- Team approach to work and ability to be very flexible
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs