About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
TheProduct Safety Manager (Personal Care, Cosmetics) is a key member of theProduct Safety & Regulations team and is responsible for researching,evaluating, and communicating personal care compliance requirements for GapInc.’s expanding global markets. The Manager will contribute to policy-makingto ensure that Gap Inc. is compliant with applicable cGMP, Safety, and Federal/ State regulations. The Manager will collaborate cross functionally with BrandMerchandising, Production, Legal, 3rd-Party Laboratories, andVendors. Reports to Sr. Manager, Product Safety.
ESSENTIALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
What you'll do
- Works cross functionallywith business partners on new product developments. Performs product linereviews and attends status meetings with business partners.
- Researches safety andregulatory requirements in US and international markets to support globalexpansion (FDA, Health Canada, new markets, etc.). Determines requirements andreviews Vendor documentation and / or testing to support claims.
- Manages day-to-daytesting with Laboratories and reviews test reports to ensure compliance.Testing may include microbiological, patch testing, finished product stability,production release, out-of-specification investigations, etc.
- Communicates testingfailures to Gap Inc. business partners and Vendors. Provides risk assessmentsand consults with Gap Inc. Legal as necessary to enable the business to makedecisions.
- Provides training toVendors and internal business partners on the testing program and protocols.
- Assists in PersonalCare Compliance Manual updates and publications. Also, helps to create,organize, manage, and archive documentation for the cGMP documentation, productrelease, and finished product stability programs.
- Performs market researchand industry benchmarking as needed. Research may include evaluating competitorproducts, testing samples, etc.
- Assists in thedevelopment of product specifications while working with Brand Merchandising,Production, and Laboratory teams. Review specifications annually and updates asneeded.
- Manages Vendor fillcoding assignments after successful completion of cGMP audits.
- Tracks customer complaints and appropriate escalates to SeniorManagement, Legal, and Brand Partners as needed.
- Performs other relatedduties as required by management which can include special projects ororganizational initiatives.
Who you are
- Must have a minimum of 2years of experience in a personal care, cosmetics, or over-the-counter drug(OTC) company with knowledge of FDA regulations. Also beneficial is knowledgeof Health Canada regulations.
- Demonstrates research,technical writing, and communication skills in English.
- Proven ability to thinkstrategically, creatively, and analytically. Ability to work with bothqualitative and quantitative information.
- Ability to effectivelypartner and motivate across functions and with outside vendors.
- Solid organizationalskills and ability to influence and resolve differing viewpoints.
- Working knowledge ofMicrosoft Office applications: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- BS / BA degree preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs