Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
As part of the Global Company Planning function, this position will play an integral role supporting the monthly, quarterly and annual planning processes for sales, margin and inventory for Gap brand. Primary business partners include regional Company Planning teams, Inventory Management, FP&A teams (both within Brand and Corporate), and Gap Brand Finance Leadership. This role reports into the Manager of Global Gap Company Planning.
• Support monthly, quarterly and annual planning processes including Monthly Forecast, Inventory Line of Credit, and Budget
• Provide Daily and Weekly Global reporting to Gap Leadership and Regions
• Support executive level presentations such as Investor Relations, Board of Directors communications, Quarterly Business Reviews, and hindsight recaps as needed
• Partner closely with regional Company Planning teams to understand forecast positioning and business drivers
• Manage and strengthen current processes through technology, automation and process improvement; refine tools and processes as needed
• Provide global support to regional Company Planning and other Finance teams as needed
• Establish a track record of clear communication up, down and across the organization
Who you are
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 1-3 years of related business experience
• Experience with finance and/or retail planning and forecasting preferred
• Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail, along with the ability to step back and see the big picture
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities
• Excellent business reasoning skills as well written and verbal communication skills
• Team player with a positive attitude - must be flexible, open to cross-training, sharing team responsibilities and work well with cross-functional partners
• Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Essbase a plus
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs