About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to build next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale.
We're looking for a Senior Engineer to drive our Payments platform modernization initiative. As a Senior Payments Engineer, you are experienced in driving results and leading collaboration efforts, all the while executing in alignment to larger business strategies. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what’s next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
What you'll do
- Leads the technical aspects of Customer and Payment requirements
- Conducts code & design reviews with other team members (either internal or external service providers)
- Reviews, understands and recommends updates to Gap coding and technical design standards and practices
- Collaborates with architects in recommending emerging technologies and application solutions
- Collaborates with Product Management (PdM) and External Service Providers to ensure SLAs for medium to high complexity applications are being set properly and met
- Partners with external service providers to complete this work as appropriate
- Mentors Level I and II Software Engineers towards achieving command of the skills necessary to perform the above tasks at the expert
- Researches and recommends alternative actions for problem resolution
Who you are
- 8+ years or software development experience; recent experience in Payments within the e-commerce space
- Experience working with multiple 3rd party Payments vendors, and design a unified Payment gateway to support a highly volume transactional environment
- Experience in Java, J2EE, Springboot; Microservices architecture; Messaging - MQ, Kafka, Rabbit MQ; Databases - SQL, NoSQL; Cloud solutions - Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Azure PaaS; API development
- Ability to design and review medium-to-high complexity business problems and product management stories
- Demonstrates proficient understanding of business processes across multiple Brands business and Corporate customers
- Recognized as a go-to person for areas of expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar, and/or related experience
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs