About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to build next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. From distributed computing, to artificial intelligence, mobile, big data and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what’s next in this dynamic industry.
What you'll do
- Works collaboratively with Mobile Product Management, UX Design and Mobile Platform Architect to design and lead development of Gap mobile applications
- Mentors and Leads the mobile developers to build an architecturally sustainable codebase that delivers a high-quality experience
- Consults with key technology stakeholders (internal and external API owners, etc.) to drive enhancements and changes to their products when needed by the mobile applications
- Drives analysis of metrics (NewRelic, etc.) data to constantly improve the user experience, leads the team in it’s DevOps journey, iterating on alerting and other incident identification tools to detect and resolve issues before our users do
- Is influential and engages actively in building out a dynamic and productive development organization and continuously improving practices and methodology through code reviews, mentoring, identifying training needs, etc.
- Displays strategic thinking and can come up with sustainable solutions that span across projects and platforms keeping an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use.
- Collaborates with the Mobile Platform Architect to identify standards-based solutions that are appropriate to our environment and drives adoption via mentoring and guiding others
- Initiates and leads effort towards organizational goals and objectives.
Who you are
- Experience with Objective-C and Swift, extensive experience implementing iOS design patterns like MVC, MVVM, etc. Strong object-oriented design skills, ideally as both an individual contributor and mentor for other engineers
- A minimum of 5 years software development experience, and a minimum 3 years architecting, designing and developing iOS Applications with a proven history of large-scale app
- Able to guide technical decisions, excellent verbal and written communication skills Exposure to mobile-complimentary technologies such as AngularJS, Node.js is a strong plus
- Experience with payments and other iOS peripherals (printers, scanners, payment processing) is also a strong plus
- Track record of building efficient, well-designed mobile applications
- Hands-on experience with Agile development practices & Agile, XP, or Scrum project methodologies
- Excellent problem solving skills; meticulous & methodical, strong attention to detail
- Passionate about continuously improving organizational practices
- Full lifecycle development experience on large projects, creating distributed and scalable business systems
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs