About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for the development of seasonal digital & in-store initiatives for Banana Republic Factory. Strong problem solving, creativity, analytical thinking and an entrepreneurial spirit are key to ensure success in this role. This role will report to the Head of Marketing.
Key Job Responsibilities
What you'll do
- Lead development and implementation of overall strategy and execution for BR Factory digital & in-store experiences to meet business objectives, providing a seamless cross-channel experience that delivers innovation and builds the brand.
- Manage overall pre-season marketing strategy as well as translate product stories into compelling marketing messages that inspire our customer and drive conversion.
- Primary Marketing lead responsible for driving integration and execution across seasonal online & in-store creative elements: windows, in-store signage, packaging & product naming as well as site experience.
- Leads pre-season creative development from initial brief to creative reviews, provides thoughtful feedback, and ensures that marketing materials are on-strategy.
- Work proactively with merchandising teams to identify strong product storytelling opportunities that deliver on the BR Factory value proposition. Deliver a compelling mix of product focused, brand specific and editorial approaches.
- Acts as a strategic partner for Merchant teams, ensuring product launches, product testing, and assortment strategies are clearly communicated in our marketing across all vehicles.
- Develops strategic and tactical creative briefs aligned with the brand’s seasonal product stories and brand platform initiatives; clearly communicates the brief strategy to Creative & Visual teams.
- Effectively collaborate across several functions including, creative, visual, web production, merchandising & design.
- Manages Marketing’s product packaging strategy and execution (in partnership with Project Management), ensuring that product’s quality & tech attributes are clearly communicated on garment and that packaging is in line with the brand aesthetic.
Who you are
Required Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong communications skills: timely follow-up, ability to articulate objectives, strategies and tactics to various cross-functional teams.
- Strong team player with proven ability lead, manage and motivate cross functional teams.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work in fast-paced, ambiguous environment. Extremely detail-oriented with passion for flawless execution.
- Proven track record of evolving, innovating and executing strategic seasonal marketing initiatives.
- Self-starter and solution oriented mindset, with proven ability to successfully work through ambiguity.
- Apparel experience strongly preferred
- Bachelors degree required
- 8+ years marketing experience, pref. in retail, apparel, luxury or entertainment brands.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs