We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
As the Leader for Talent Acquisition for Athleta Headquarters and the Brand, you are someone who thrives on building communities, networks and teams of people who are connected to a movement: Igniting a community of active, healthy, confident women and girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential.
This leader will leverage their deep knowledge of the external market and shifts within the retail industry to design, develop and execute a talent acquisition strategy that delivers on the following pillars:
• Amplifies the brand to inspire candidates to explore Athleta
• Frictionless end to end candidate experience
• Surprises and delights
• Connects people to purpose and meaning
• Right talent, right time, ahead of need
• You elevate others to excellence – You have experience coaching and developing a team and leading through vision and values.
• You can juggle a lot – Fast is as slow as we go- you thrive managing multiple priorities, projects and competing demands. You will carry your own requisitions while leading strategy.
• Your curiosity leads you to unexpected places- you are continuously scanning the world for strategic context and inspiration that fuels our strategy and leads you to make connections that advance our strategy.
• You are an experimenter – Status quo is not the way you roll. Growth mindset, strategic agility, driving innovation, learning quickly and pushing for what’s possible is your norm.
• You create community – you embrace the power of storytelling and can use social media to create communities of people who want to be part of our movement.
• You are accountable – to our candidates, to our leaders and to our brand. You have no problem advocating for the candidate experience to senior leaders- every candidate is a customer.
• You know your stuff – You can hit the ground running in order to effectively support your client groups- tactically and strategically.
• Our mission fuels you – You have an authentic connection to our brand and our mission that helps you advance our culture.
Lead & Shape Strategy
• Develop and execute brand talent acquisition strategies and approaches in partnership with Head of HR, HR Business Partners, Field TA Leaders, Business Leaders and Gap Inc. partners
Develop effective pipeline & sourcing strategy using a combination of talent branding, external search, direct sourcing, online postings, referrals, social media, internal talent mining and other relevant methods
• Understand the market drivers and challenges to identify new talent pools
• Lead development and design of hiring practices and support materials
• Craft talent branding campaigns that amplify our brand to the right talent at the right time
• Represent Athleta in all Gap Inc. talent strategy cross brand initiatives. Advocates for unique needs of our growth brand.
• Thought leader on new and innovative approaches for acquiring talent. Challenges status quo.
Deliver on Recruitment Activities
• Responsible for effective execution and managing end to end recruiting process to achieve or exceed service level standards.
• Manage and lead HQ recruiting team. Holds team accountable for performance measured both quantitatively and qualitatively.
• Execute full life cycle recruitment for requisitions.
• Ensure that detailed interview feedback from hiring managers and candidates is captured to help identify, determine, and select the most qualified candidates.
• Negotiate offers by partnering with HR Business Partners, hiring manager, senior management, benefits, and relocation, immigration and compensation departments.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, country, state and local laws around all recruitment processes
• Lead and/or participate in special projects and recruiting initiatives as needed
Leverage Data and Innovation to Drive Results
• Seeks out and leverages industry & competitor and other business trends to ensure we stay ahead of the competition
• Develop, track, and analyze TA metrics in order to implement continuous improvement of strategies and processes.
• Monitor TA metrics and ensure team is meeting or exceeding agreed upon SLA’s and metrics
• Drive an efficient recruiting life cycle within team, focusing on metrics to improve processes
Build Organizational Capability
• Create an environment where there is shared ownership with our leadership around talent outcomes
• Develop leadership capability around developing buy/build plans
• Find opportunities for senior leaders to proactively connect with talent, speak at events and promote the Athleta brand in targeted and strategic ways.
• Provide guidance, consultation and education to hiring managers on hiring process and best practices
• Proactively identify and educate managers on factors that could impact the hiring process (e.g. relocation, non-compete agreements, immigration)
• Participate in Talent Exchanges within brand, across brands
• Mentor and inspire talent internally at Athleta to fuel talent pipeline
• Collaborate across Athleta and Gap Inc. brands/teams to support improvements and the sharing of best practices, deadlines, workflow, and process improvement.
Who you are
Skills & Experience…
• 8-10 years full life cycle recruiting experience
• Prior experience leading and managing teams
• Demonstrated expertise in sourcing, strong networking skills, candidate research and outreach
• Strong problem solving by proactively driving results and being solution oriented
• Demonstrated decision making through global thinking by balancing individual responsibility while considering the departments’ needs and goal.
• Ability to manage customer relationships, provide strong customer service skills and work in a large, team environment
• Able to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner executive presence
• Demonstrated excellent communication/presentation skills to all audience levels
• Demonstrated confidence in all settings when advising/partnering with business partners
• Proven organization skills ability to prioritize effectively and manage multiple tasks in an environment with competing demands.
• Strong computer skills - MS Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook a plus), Experience with ATS & social media platforms.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.