About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to build next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. From distributed computing, to artificial intelligence, mobile, big data and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new technical and leadership skills. .
The Director of Product Engineering for our Pricing Technology teams will direct software development, delivery and support efforts across all of Gap Inc.’s Inventory Management, Marketing and Promotions functions. This collection of applications and infrastructure spans Supply Chain and Customer Experience functions to form a cohesive platform with scalable set of services for pricing capabilities that enable Gap Inc. to manage business and maximize profitability throughout the product lifecycle.
As the leader of the Pricing product engineering team, you possess deep technical knowledge, years of software development experience, proven leadership skills and ability to forge strong working relationships that cross organizational lines to aid us in our DevOps transformation.
What you'll do
- Accountable for ensuring product delivery excellence across the entire Gap Technology application spectrum for our Pricing Technology services / infrastructure
- Prioritizes and builds the engineering roadmap and schedule - balancing the creation of new functionality, immediate needs of existing customers, and augmentation of architecture/infrastructure in conjunction with key business and product leaders
- Works with business, Product Management and IT leaders throughout the strategic planning process. Participates in the process to prioritize and scope future projects and initiatives
- Provides leadership and direction for technical managers, architects, quality assurance engineers, developers and other technologists
- Hires and builds high performance teams who employ state-of-the-art software development and deployment practices
- Ensures service levels are clearly understood and met or exceeded
- Proactively engages other leaders in cross-functional efforts. Openly shares plans and strives to prevent surprises for other organizations
- Fosters open communication within and between teams
- Sets uncompromisingly high standards of performance for self and team
- Displays a strong work ethic and sense of urgency. Demonstrates strong initiative to make things happen.
- Acts as a change agent, initiating appropriate changes to support business growth, reduce operational costs, and/or improve service levels
- Experienced at delivery software at scale
Who you are
- Demonstrated ability and experience in providing cross-organizational managerial leadership for application development on the Java/J2EE platform, and CI/CD frameworks
- Experience architecting/designing enterprise grade, cloud based systems
- Strong architectural design skills, coupled with systematic vision/thinking
- Seasoned leader with strong communication and influencing skills - ability to be an active participant in nuanced technical discussions as well as an ability to represent the platform/solution/challenge to a non-technical audience
- Experience managing large development teams across global locations and multiple vendors
- Prior hands-on experience with IT hardware, networks, software back-end, database, APIs, and modern web front-end frameworks in order to lead individuals and teams
- Comfortable and experienced managing within Agile/Scrum environment
- 10+ years leading software development / delivery teams and organizations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other relevant engineering field
- Inspires, mentors and encourages
- Regularly assess team for required skills, responsibilities and performance against defined goals
- Ability to transform practices while maintaining high quality and meeting client expectations
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs