About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Director of Human Resources, Data and Analytics will be responsible for the development and delivery of talent practices for Customer Data Scientist and Analytics team. The Director of Human Resources will be a key business partner to VP of Customer and Data Analytics. This role contributes to the health and success of the organization by having a deep understanding of the business priorities and proactively collaborating with business leaders to identify, develop, and implement talent strategies that meet the needs of the business including ensuring that the function has the right talent, structure and processes in place. To be successful, this role must develop and sustain strategic and day-to-day consultative relationships with business leaders and their respective teams and act as a trusted coach, advisor and confidant on business and talent related issues and opportunities. The Director must also build effective working relationships with Communications and HR partners in Talent Attraction, Talent Management, HR Operations, Compensation and Employee Relations. This role will oversee a HR Manager.
What you'll do
- Implement talent practices that are aligned with Data and Analytics business objectives
- Partner with and collaborate with broader HR team on key work efforts and projects
- Lead key talent development and retention planning and succession planning process for business, in partnership with Talent Management
- Assess, develop and drive the talent plans that supports the needs of the business, enabling a leveraged HR operating model with Specialist teams
- Manage the employee value proposition for Data and Analytics employees through all facets of the employee lifecycle, drive talent practices that motivate and engage the workforce and aligns with Gap Inc. philosophy and business goals
- Supports and guides the Leadership Teams on people and organizational issues: collectively, directly and through matrix management throughout the organization
- Provides leadership on all aspects of organizational effectiveness, including performance management, on-boarding, coaching, employee relations, talent assessment, employee culture and engagement, etc. for key initiatives
- Continue to review and refine roles and responsibilities of functions and cross-functions to ensure the optimal organizational structure to support business growth and collaboration as appropriate
- Champions and personally demonstrates Gap Inc. and function culture, values and ethics
Who you are
- Experience directly supporting Data Science and Analytics talent at the Director level
- Ability to influence across multiple functions/areas
- Professional skills and abilities as hands-on practitioner as well as strategic thinker
- Demonstrated results orientation
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Proven ability to lead change initiatives - strong OD/OE skillset with project management ability
- Proven ability to assess talent (internal and external)
- Highly skilled problem solver and negotiator with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proven strategic mindset balanced with strong operational and implementation expertise
- Strong business orientation; drive for results and desire to win
- Maintains a global perspective and is culturally sensitive and aware
- Comfortable driving change and embracing innovation in face of ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization with remote teams and partners
- Education: College degree
- Experience: 7-10 years HR Experience required
- Travel: Ability to travel 10% of the time
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs